This 'hostel' charged $24 for a 16-bed dorm that would be overpriced at $12. Two other persons in the room. Bathrooms were tiny and minimally equipped. They charge for WiFi that is free everywhere else. The 'private' rooms were $42 and grossly overpriced. They apparently have forgotten what 'hostel' means. Go into Taos and do some bargaining at the less expensive inns on the main drag: end up with a nicely-furnished clean room, free internet, telephone, and a free 'continental' breakfast: cereal, pastries, waffles, toast, juice and coffee. I can't believe they're a member of Hosteling International-if they are
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World Famous! We are great lodging for all ages! Private Rooms, Cabins, Tipis and Dorm Beds Available! We've welcomed individuals, couples, families and groups since 1973! We look forward to welcoming you! Located in the village of Arroyo Seco, featuring an array of great breakfast, lunch and dinner choices, a health food store, shops, art galleries and nightlife. The Taos Ski Valley, the historic Taos Plaza, the Taos Pueblo, the Rio Grande Gorge and the Hot Springs are all minutes away. Angel Fire, Sipapu, Red River, Ojo Caliente, Ghost Ranch, Philmont Boy Scout Ranch are all within easy driving distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your The SnowMansion Taos Hostel Ski Lodge Inn & Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Abominable Snowmansion Hotel Arroyo Seco
- The SnowMansion Taos Hostel Ski Lodge Inn & Campground Arroyo Seco, Taos County, NM