“Nice Place to Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dan Gardens Ashkelon

Save Saved
You added Dan Gardens Ashkelon to your Saves list
Dan Gardens Ashkelon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56 Rehov Hatayassim | Ashkelon Beach Front, Ashkelon, Israel   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Ashkelon
Pune, India
“Nice Place to Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff is good. Food is good and Rooms are fine. don't Expect too much if you are into luxury. But a fine place to stay. Nothing much to see nearby except the beach which is you can walk to. Wifi connectivity is ok.. :) :) Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The boss and I stayed at 5 Dan hotels during this week-long trip: Boutique in Jerusalem, Panorama in Eilat, Haifa and in Tel Aviv, and the Dan Gardens in Ashkelon. When I booked I knew that the Dan Gardens was not of the same standard as the others, but we were happy with that, having often stayed at smaller, 3* hotels during our travels. Out of the 5 hotels, this comes last by a very long way. Three words cover my feelings: tired, grubby, unloved. Even if a hotel is a lower * rating, there is simply no excuse for lack of cleanliness, even if there appears to be a lack of 'upgrade investment' in the property itself. The only positive was that the room linen (bed and bath) was clean. And believe me, having seen the state of the public areas (from lobby, to bar, to elevators to the hallway on our room's floor - the 3rd) I really did check ...
I will say no more here, but having escorted the Duty Manager of the day around my 'issues' in the public areas, I am hopeful that notice will be taken at Group level. If this hotel is to carry the Dan name, it must surely achieve at least a minimum group standard if the Group's reputation is not to be damaged.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed at this property quite a few times, but I am getting around to writing a review for the first time. Its a simple hotel - not fancy, but excellent value for money! The rooms are simple, decent in size and clean. The Israeli breakfast is a large spread with lots of things on offer. They don't have a chef making omelettes on order like the Holiday Inn down the road, but that's OK with me! Their regular gym timings used to be 8AM-7PM. When I complained about it, they changes their timings to start 6AM the very next morning. The Manager of this hotel is a very sweet lady who makes herself to regular guests and seeks their feedback for improvement. I like this a lot. The walk to the Marina from this property is about 20 min - just a bit longer than the Holiday Inn. The hotel is packed on weekends with families during Shabbat, but thats never been a problem for me to get my room on time when I arrive on Saturday mid-day and normally they are accommodating me in case I need a late checkout on Friday (which is when the weekend crowd is coming in).

For the reasons above, I look forward to coming here again and again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chestnut Ridge, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before because the organization to which I belong uses this hotel for international gatherings every few years. The hotel had its ups and downs over the years, with rooms being short on maintenance and upkeep. The most obvious shortcoming during my recent stay in May, 2014, was cleanliness. The carpets in the corridors on certain floors are very smelly, they have not been washed in years. The worst smell was on the 4th floor. We had to move to another floor because the smell was hard to take. The carpets in all rooms look very old. On the 4th floor the carpets in the rooms are extremely old and dirty. Overall impression is that the hotel is getting ready to go out of business and is no longer investing in the upkeep of the facilities. One example is the issues of room keys. Most rooms have only one key available to the guests and the front desk used every excuse in the book to avoid having another key made.

On the positive side, the food was tasty and plentiful and the swimming pool was clean.

If you decide to stay at this hotel, it would serve you well to lower your expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

at the welcome procedure at the reception we got a wonderful and worm service the check in was fast and professional since we get to the room at list 1 time a day we got a call from the receptionist asking about us and if we miss something the food oh the food was great ...yummy
the kids had a great time at the "magical world" and me and my wife had a lot of quality time together we recommend this hotel to everybody we know

Room Tip: all rooms ok
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
tlv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely weekend ,even though the hotel was on a full capacity,service was very good,food and bar with great variety.
We will surely come back. By far thebest hotel in town and area.
The room was quite large,cleanand modern.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tel Aviv District, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Now we are in the dan gardens hotels, we are in the looby and our children in the playground and we can have great time to ourselves.
Food buffet are large and delishes.
Room is big and the staff so friendly.
All over the hotel there is free wifi.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Dan Gardens Ashkelon? Share your experiences!