“Savida, Turkish Bazaar Acre” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
nahariya
“Savida, Turkish Bazaar Acre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Savida- Seafood Bar – Turkish Bazaar, Old City- Akko

Seeing that I had a free day, I decided to go on a one-day tour of my own. I thought that if tourists come to visit Akko, then I should do the same and set out to explore places I haven’t been to before. I set off to see the Tunisian Synagogue and saw a sign pointing the way to the Old City. I had read in a local newspaper about the Turkish Bazaar in Akko which piqued my curiosity and figured why not take a walk around? The Turkish Bazaar is at the entrance to the Old City. Following the sign, I turned off into a passage which transported me back to the Ottoman Empire. The Turkish Bazaar was built in the late 18th century as a municipal market. As I walked through the recently renovated market, the scent of cardamom and other spices fill the air.
I peeked into several shops and at one, did a double-take. My eyes had not deceived me; yes I indeed saw a boat -- the bar was fashioned out of an ancient boat. Two girls sat drinking cold beers, happily chatting with Ohad, proprietor and Dan, proprietor and chef.
I was brought an appetizer of fish ceviche made out of whitefish and Sabras- the symbolic desert fruit of Israel, served in a clam shell.
Next came grilled sardines accompanied by a horseradish and yogurt sauce, and grilled red pepper and yogurt sauce.
A side dish of a potato baked in the taboon with butter and garlic sauce was simple yet utterly delicious.
Ohad brought me the perfect cup of coffee spiced with cardamom from the neighboring coffee shop.
I left Savida vowing to return again and taste from the bounty of the sea once more.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Best place in Israel for fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Savida is a hidden gem located in the underground market of Akko. This boutique seafood hotspot sits about 10 people and has a communal, yet trendy atmosphere. The seafood is outrageously delicious and is as fresh as possible (everything is caught that day). We were presented with elaborate and tasty dishes such as tuna tartar; a fresh, market salad; a white fish coated in tahina with eggplant platter and finally the main course, which included a hot baked potato and whole white fish.

Savida is totally worth every minute and bite! It's super healthy, super fresh and makes for a wonderful dining experience!

• Visited August 2013