“Be wary about booking here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Zipi's Place

Zipi's Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Acre
Zipi's Place
You added Zipi's Place to your Saves list
10 Bilu Street, Acre, Israel   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Acre B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Be wary about booking here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This is low-standard accommodation at a relatively high price. If cleanliness is important to you, do not stay here.
We booked through the HostelsClub website and the price given on there turned out to be incorrect. It said a double room was 250 shekels but we found out after we had already arrived that this price was incorrect and it was 250 shekels PER PERSON. Zippi admitted this was a mistake with the website.
That price of 250 per person seems totally out of proportion when there are proper hotels available nearby for just a few pounds more.
It says there is free wifi but this is really only available in an outside area about 2 metres square.
In the rooms there are all sorts of bits of junk which I can only assume were left behind by previous guests - coins, business cards, empty perfume bottles. Worst of all, there was even a condom wrapper on the chair in the room. How could the person cleaning the room have missed that? I later noticed another unopened condom in the corner of one of the photos I'd taken!

• Stayed September 2013

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

the best thing is that Zipi is making you feel at home right away. In a domestic area, in a garden full of trees, you get a 'home away from home' feeling. the rooms are nice, breakfast is rich and the overall feeling is welcome and relaxing. i will come here again. thank you Zipi

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was really shocked when I saw that Zipi got some bad reviews!

The first time I traveled to Acro was about three years ago and the taxi driver took me to the wrong hostel (on purpose as I know now). So I landed in an Arabic hostel in old Acro which didn't even have windows but it some big holes in the wall so that everybody who wants can step in! Finally I called Zipi and she came and took me out there. Whenever you need help Zipi will be there and help you. Zipi's place is definitely a place to feel safe!

In that time I had just turned 18 and it was the first time for me to travel alone. Zipi invited me to dinner with her family, I went to the supermarket with her and there were many many more things we did together. I always enjoyed to be with her.

Her guest house is charming and it has a beautiful atmosphere that I enjoyed so much. Zipi is doing all the work in the guest house herself and as I know she loves it. I traveled to Israel because I am interest in the culture and the people so it was wonderful for me to get into contact with Zipi's family and do many things with her.

The WONDERFUL thing IS that she is NOT like many hotels which can be so extremely unpersonal. At Zipi you will have wonderful and personal experience that you will always remember and never forget.

Since my first trip I have visited her twice each year and all my family and two friends that were with us think the same. Whenever we plan our next trip to Israel we don't just plan a regular trip, but we say "We wanna travel to Israel and definitely meet Zipi again". Her rooms are extremely charming and you quickly get a feeling of being at home.

In one review somebody wrote that you need a car to stay at Zipi's place. That's definitely ridiculous! It's a walk of approximately 30 min. (if it's hot and you walk slowly!). It would be a burden if you're very old but if you have two healthy feet and you say that you need a car for that short distance, then you should definitely get a check-up at the doctor! By the way there is a bus stop almost in front of the house.

Zipi's place is in a residential area and that is one thing that I like very much. In the city centre of Old Acro you will find the Arabic market which is EXTREMELY noisy and I only can stress the EXTREMELY. You will feel safe to walk in the Arabic market during day but as a young woman I would never walk in an Arabic market at night. So living in the city centre is not as nice as you might think.
Zipi's place is in the perfect place as it is quiet, next to a shopping mall and big supermarket plus next to a big park where you can spend the day in the shadow of big trees.

Furthermore you don't even need to go to the park but you can sit in Zipi's big garden and watch the parrots living there.

I was so much impressed by Zipi's lifestyle as she living with the nature and not against it. If you have seen her garden you will know what I mean. She got a wonderful and natural garden and is using natural resources as much as she can.

If you want to stay in a hotel with a garden that looks like a golf square, that gets watered 24 hours a day in areas where you have an extreme water-shortage and where they pick you up with a new luxurious car then you should look for another place, but you'll not find that at Zipi's place.

I was shocked then I read these bad reviews because it's simply not true!

Zipi is a wonderful lady and you will have a wonderful experience at her place! Zipi, you are doing a great job!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Acre, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I arrived at Zipi's in the middle of a cold, wet winter & stayed a month as my apartment rental did not work out. Zipi made all the guests feel welcome & part of her family: she hosted Israeli style dinners so the international guests could meet, took us to the best shopping & local music. Epecially important for new migrants, Zipi willingly helped navigate the endless ministries, paperwork, banking, and even my Hebrew homework!

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Geelong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Zipi very helpful and willing. Unfortunately that is all the positives I can offer. The negatives were:
Unsure whether the sheets were clean
Coffee cups had not been washed since last guest
Double bed was 2 old singles pushed together.
No hot water.
Constant dripping of a water pipe right outside our door all night.(Zipi was apologetic)
Zipi walked in on my (grown) son while he was showering to give him his towels, explaining that she was old so it was ok.
Zipi woke us up at 11.30pm to pay for the room
There was a half eaten chocolate in the fridge and the "fresh" instant coffee needed a jack hammer to get it out of the jar.
And lastly, we were charged $105 (hotel prices). The following night we stayed in a lovely hotel for approx. $5 more.

Room Tip: Room clean and Zipi very helpful and willing. Unfortunately that is all the positives I can offer. T...