“The place to go in Senggigi” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“The place to go in Senggigi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Saturday night is the night to go. Live band, full of expats and other travellers of all nationalities, great sushi bar, and happy staff. We went again early on a Monday evening and the staff weren't so happy, so you have to get there at the right time on the right day to appreciate it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
the Coast
“Great music here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My waiter was very attentive and he didn't even give a hint for me to leave as I sat there from 5 to 8:30 pm, having my dinner, drink, dessert, and tea. I waited long enough to hear their band performing and didn't disappoint. The band really know how to sing and they liven up the cafe. Their crab corn soup is very good. I would definitely come back again next time when I visit Senggigi.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing Band in an amazing bar!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I visited this bar a number of times while we stayed in Sengiggi. It offers an amazing atmosphere, brilliant bar snacks, ice cold beer and the best request taking band I have seen in a while. Each member of the Melon Head Band were very talented, and played from 8.15 until gone midnight.
The time we spent in the Happy Cafe was brilliant and I strongly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The best cafe with perfect staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Let me say the service is beyond perfection, all the staff are very friendly and very informative. The location is good, comfortable & relaxed atmosphere, The life music is great. I go on every evening every time I stay at Lombok (more than 3 times a year).
The food is good. The cocktail is amazing. I highly recommend Happy Cafe for your great evening, I will definitely come back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stirling, New Jersey
“Great Combo -- Good Food & Good Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've eaten at Happy Cafe three nights in a row and can came away 'happy' each time. The food is delicious, the staff is courteous, friendly and efficient, and there's yet another element that makes this restaurant stand out -- the music. They have a live band every night. There are two bands I've seen and each has rotating lead singers during the night -- even musically and vocally talented patrons can join in for a song or two. If you like to hear music while you eat show up around 8:00; if you are too hungry, eat earlier and stick around. You won't be disappointed because the bands not only deliver great renditions of Rockn' Roll classics, but also enjoyable country, Indonesian and reggae music as well. With or without music, though, the food and restaurant stand on its own.

• Visited February 2013