We went on Honeymoon to Nihiwatu for 2 week in the first two week in October.
The whole experience was amazing. This place is one of very few places that really does exceed in a perfect destination. We were not surfers however there was so much to do at the retreat and please to go. Everything about this property is truly special. The room/Villa, food and the staff are at the highest standard. The beaches are empty and you get the feeling you are on your own paradise island.
In is all inclusive and only charge for special water activities and special requests for high end drinks.
The retreat also supports in the big way the Sumba Foundation which really helps many local villages with water supply and their medical needs.
We will be going back as often as we can. Our butler Anita really made the trip too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An award-winning luxury resort on remote Sumba Island, Indonesia. A wide range of land and ocean-based experiences ensures all tastes are catered to. Attentive service and gourmet meals add to the refined and intimate ambience. A romantic getaway idyll with pristine private beach stretching in excess of 2.5km of length ideal for honeymooners and the unique tribal culture on the island offers guests a glimpse of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Nihiwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nihiwatu Hotel Sumba
- Nihiwatu Hotel Waikabubak
- Nihiwatu Resort Waikabubak