“If it wasn't for Toba lake, I WILL NEVER RETURN” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Inna Parapat

Save Saved
You added Inna Parapat to your Saves list
Inna Parapat
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Marihat No. 1 | Lake Toba, Parapat 21174, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Parapat
Jakarta, Indonesia
“If it wasn't for Toba lake, I WILL NEVER RETURN”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

As my previous review, this is the second time i go back to medan and parapat. If it wasn't for Toba and clueless to find where to stay for the night, i won't be staying here for the second time. The first visit to inna hotel was my worst nightmare, for the second time.. It's slightly better, at least this time i didn't get the scary room with awful bathroom. My room is spacious, and quite clean, and the bed wasn't infested with bed bugs, the shower also better, but the tradition remained the same, no hot water, it's been 5 years since i visited this hotel and still no hot water, wow...
Nope, not gonna try to have breakfast or even eat anything from this hotel, the awful food still lingers in my memory.
The tired looking hotel and also the service needs to be reformed, STAT.

• Stayed December 2012

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

After driving for awhile, searching for an approriate hotel for us to stay for only two days one night, we finally ended up in Inna Parapat hotel. We booked one family room in a reasonable price. The hotel is big and the rooms are clean and tidy. The room we had was at the back part of the hotel. It was facing the lake, quite spacious with two single beds and one queen bed which fit us, five women who were desperately eager to see and touch the remarkable Lake Toba. I was so excited cos' I could see the lake view through the window of my room, breathe the fresh air and enjoy the scenery. The bathroom was okay but unfortunately there was no hot water to take a shower (or maybe it was only in our room?..) And at night We chatted outside of the room staring at the beautiful sky with lots of stars while enjoying cups of tea. Breakfast is so great. The taste of the fruits served is so unforgettable. In short, this hotel is affordable and approriate for people who want to enjoy their lives.

Room Tip: choose room with a lake view so you can 'feel' the scenery...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Kuantan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

It took 5 hours to reach at Parapat from Medan.I was really tired for me and my family.From the outside of the hotel I thought that it will be worst but the hotel is good for me.Inside of the hotel it look clean and quite big.
Pros:- 1. The room is big because I took triple room and it is clean.
2. I can see the view of Lake toba in front of my room.
3. Right outside of the hotel is market and some shop to buy souvenir.So it was easy for us to buy local fruitsand some nice souvenir.

Cons:- 1. Although the breakfast was buffet but the food was terrible and the service was poor because the staff late to refilled the food that finished.
2. The triple room is far from another room.So it was for me to meet my family members.

TOTALLY I LIKE THE HOTEL AND IT WAS BASIC.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Maybe the charms of Lake Toba are meant to wash away all the stress of working life... but coming to this hotel and seeing it after a 5 hour winding ride from the nearest city of Medan is quite depressing.

Pros:-
1. The back part of the hotel is directly facing Lake Toba. Great views for sunset and also dawn!
2. Right outside the hotel is the market, where you can haggle with the locals for mangoes and other local delicacies
3. Balcony view to the Lake

Cons:-
1. Dated design and outlook. The hotel has definitely not been renovated for some time
2. Breakfast was interesting... A good mix of local food. What I cannot find acceptable is a deep fried chicken neck sitting between scoops of deep fried anchovies!
3. NO FAN! It does not cause much electricity to power up a fan, rite? The temperature is not that much cooler than in Medan. I am not requesting for air conditioning at all.
4. Fixed times for hot water. Only at 6 - 9am and 6 - 9pm. Sigh...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The hotel is super duper dirty!!!!

during the night is super duper many mosquitoes, Me and my family almost wanna move out by mosquitoes.

The public toilet is super duper dirty!!!!

The staff scold me even!!

I will never and ever stay here and come here anymore !!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Salatiga, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

i could see Toba lake in front of my room
Speed Boats are available to bring you to Samosir island or just around the lake. Not expensive.
Nice weather, beautiful view of mountain with pine trees

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We enjoyed our time here as the views over the lake are amazing. The hotel is "tired" and would benefit from a refurb. Limited choice of food but quality fine. More selection at breakfast needed. The staff were pleasant. Unfortunately the noise from traffic at the festival kept us awake the first night.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Inna Parapat? Share your experiences!