“Must Try for Noodle Lovers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 216 Restaurants in Medan
Cuisines: Chinese, Noodle, Noodle Shop
Medan
“Must Try for Noodle Lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Medan can be seen as "Noodle"-City as you can find a lot of noodle places.
But Mie Zhou has got to stand out, the noodle is unique, in texture and in taste.

Everytime I got a chance to be in Medan, I'll definitely have a bowl (or two, or three) here.
The noodle is available in different flavours, so tastewise I'm sure there is something for everybody. And last time I went there few weeks ago, they had added new Menu, which I find innovative (like Hainanese Chicken Noodle).

So I believe this place is a must try for every noodle lovers.

• Visited April 2014

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“So good you'll ask for more...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The noodles at Mie Zhou has a springy and chewy texture that will leave every mouth of it a savory experience. From the man who created Mie Zhou himself, Mr Zhou says that every bowl of noodles is cooked in a strictly and timed manner, producing consistency in quality. Ranging from a non exhaustive list: there is the original soy minced chicken flavor, black pepper chicken flavor, spiced beef flavor and even dan dan noodles (the kind you can dip your noodles into a gravy on the side), Mie Zhou never fails to bring the fusion of flavors together to suit different taste palates. Each bowl comes with a generous portion of noodles and a balanced serving of meat and veggies. It also comes with a whole braised egg. The noodles are so good you'll ask for more.

It doesn't stop there, Mie Zhou also serves rice which the choice of chicken or beef. There are also side dishes to choose from. The Prawn Wonton in sweet and sour sauce is one of the best. Slurp it with a bit of gravy and it will leave you asking for seconds. Kids might like the Fried Prawn Ball as it is an easy finger food. It looks ordinary but it is in fact filled with a tangy flavor that will just kick start your appetite for a good meal at Mie Zhou. Definitely will frequent this place.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Scrunchy Home Made Noodles & Bouncy Prawn Balls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were in Medan for a short break and wanted some Asian noodles... and were told about a noodle shop... Mie Zhou

It did not disappoint -- the egg noodles were scrunchy, home made (not in some some factory) and the slurpiness factor was to die for! The chicken flavours were delicious....

PRAWN BALLS - you have to order the prawn balls... they were just delicious... they were just so... prawn flavoured... you knew they were high in prawns and not flour that most are!

make the trip there ... I am missing it now...

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“The Noodles WERE Divine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Best noodles in Medan... scrunchy... slurpy and just out of this world.

The noodles are home made and has no preservatives. The chicken noodles were first on my list with the Dan-dan noodles second!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Noodles in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

When i say noodles, I mean noodles. This restaurant makes its own egg noodle and serves it in at least 10 different delicious ways. The noodle here has the most natural crunchy quality I have ever tasted. I said natural because the owner claimed that no preservative and no additive was used in the noodle making. This is far and very different from the Hong Kong style egg noodle which crunchiness comes from the use of alkaline water and could sometimes taste rather chemical. During my visit there, my friends and I had a chance to try 3 kinds of their noodles which were all very mind-blowingly delicious. Two of us also ordered for additional servings after we finished our first bowls. We also had a chance to try their prawn wonton soup and their fried prawn balls which were so tasty and fresh. The prawns were so fresh that the prawn balls were practically bouncing when we put them in our mouth. It's quite a culinary experience.

We found this restaurant by chance as it was across from the hotel we stayed during our visit to Medan. The fact that the restaurant were crowded during breakfast and also shared the same name in Chinese as my family name also raised our curiosity. We certainly were glad that we found this great place for noodles in Medan. The city is already full of many good eateries and Mie Zhou has indeed topped the list as one of our "Must Eat" whenever we are visiting Medan. We truly hope we could find a similar bowl of noodle both in quality and taste here in Singapore.

• Visited February 2014