“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Medan
Langkawi, Malaysia
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

stayed there after arriving from Penang in the evening. We booked the hotel over Agoda and the reservation went ok, altough we where not picked up at the airport as requested. For the price (it is a little expensive)the hotel was good, clean room, nice garden with pool. After where asking for a private car to Lake Toba and where quoted about 1.2 Million IDR which is totally overpriced, but i think thats normal in Hotels. Exchange rate for Malaysian Ringit was the same we got at the oney changer in Langkawi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is my second stay in this hotel and will highly recommend this hotel to all. Clean rooms and the most important, very friendly staff from the door man to the room attendants, they are very friendly and make you feel at home.

I realy like the elevated floors in rooms where you could look out the window and enjoy the day. This will be my choice for my future stays to Medan. And also walking distance to the big shopping malls. Great Hotel.

A very well managed hotel for Medan. Cheers to the team!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Medan, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

For the price, facilities were good, room was clean, no complaints there. But this morning I was woken 5 times between 7.30am and 8.30am, mostly because of a mistake - being brought someone else's room service order. By the standard of "getting a good night's sleep", I would have been better off staying in a backpacker's at half the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Tweed Heads, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Stayed here on our first and last nights in Sumatra. Reception/foyer area large and gives the impression of fancy hotel. As we didn't book the rooms ourselves, I am guessing our room for our first night was a slightly higher standard than our room for the last night. For instance the floors were made of lovely polished boards giving it a more colonial feel. The rooms are quite spacious with a nice outlook to the expansive grounds and swimming pool. The bathroom is average but nothing to complain about. On request you can obtain a voucher for free in-room wi-fi. From memory it gives 2 hours access. Our second room did not have the polished boards and was as we could smell, on a smoking floor and everything was ingrained with the smell of cigarette smoke.
Breakfast buffet is average with an egg station which is always a bonus.
No complaints, nothing to get excited about and from the sign at the front desk advertising rack rates, it's excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if you are a non-smoker
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Absolutely the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at.
Avoid at all cost, completely hopeless.
No service, no breakfast, no bar, no mini bar, no nothing.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, not this one
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
South Pole
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

WOW !

W - Wouldn't stay again.
O - Only ended up here because someone else booked it...
W - Why did someone book me here?

OK Lets go! :

- 80's style (not the cool 80's style the tacky beige brown 80's style).
- A Horrible trance nightclub adjacent to the premises
- After 9pm a steady flow of 'questionable' people in and out of the lifts

Positives?:

- There is a piano bar to the right of the check-in with cheap booze.
- Two of us ate the breakfast buffet and it was actually OK.
- Laundry service was fast, cheap and efficient

Conclusion?

2/5

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

we're planning to spend several night there but I changed my mine after several reasons. We stayed at the apartment section, found out the balcony was locked and I asked the reception named Ruth Simangunsong for the key to my balcony. To my surprise she said that they will not let u have/use the balcony because small animal such little snake could come in to the room. Whaaat??;; I was very upset because I choose to stay in the apartment knowing I could relax outside in the balcony, isn't that what I payed the price for (Rp.650 000/nght)??? She also said that I only have 2 passes to the swimming pool. how disgusting . So if we wnted to use the swimming pool we have to pay extra (there were 2adult/2kids). Amazing,,,,
For dinner we eat at the RIUNG LEMBUR restaurant, On the menu listed say the price included tax and service but when the bill came they still charge me tax and service, I will never stay in owefull hotel ever again. I decided to go to Jakarta the next day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Danau Toba International Medan? Share your experiences!