“I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bukittinggi!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orchid Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bukittinggi
Orchid Hotel
You added Orchid Hotel to your Saves list
11 Jl Teuku Umar, Bukittinggi, Indonesia   |
New Orleans, Louisiana
“I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bukittinggi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

There aren't enough positive words to describe my experience at Orchid hotel with Roni's Adventure Tours. I only planned to stay in Bukittinggi for a couple of days, but because of Roni, Putra, An, and Andre I stayed 10 days! West Sumatra has a lot to offer travelers. So whatever type of trip you fancy Roni or one of his knowledgeable team members will be happy to organize something for you. My first trip was with An and a fellow traveler to Rafflesia Luwak Coffee, where we tasted kopi luwak and learned how it is made. We also got the opportunity to cook the delicious Minangkabau dish, Rendang! I would have never had this experience if it wasn't for An! One of the other tours I went on was to the amazingly, beautiful Harau Valley with another guest from Orchid. An and Putra were the perfect guides for this trip. It really doesn't get any better than going to beautiful waterfalls and sharing many laughs with new friends :) At the end of the day the good times continued back at Orchid over cups of hot tea or coffee.

Of all of the places I have visited in the past 6 months, Bukittinggi is definitely on my top 5 list... affordable, relaxing and so fun! I honestly do not think I would have enjoyed myself as much in West Sumatra without Roni and his team.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
spa, belgie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

Close to all Sights, bars, restaurants.
Ronni has great info on the area. Motorbike was fine. Breakfast is just a toast and tea.

• Stayed December 2011
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

When in Bukittinggi I usually stay at my relative's house but it's a bit far from city center so this time I decided to stay in a hotel. It was a few days after Idul Fitri holiday and a peak season. Almost all hotels were full and those who still had vacancies gave notoriously high rates.
After asking several hotels I finally went to Orchid Hotel and their standard room at Rp 200.000 per night was the cheapest around. The room looked old but clean with en suite bath, TV and balcony. Definitely not a rip off during peak season. Soon after I checked in they put the "Room Full" sign at the door. Phew!
The staff were helpful. I wanted to go to Prapat (Lake Toba) the following day and they gave me info about the bus fare and schedule and how to get to bus terminal. Btw if you want to take bus from Bukittinggi to Prapat make sure you get the front rows because the road is so windy if you sit at the back you are guarantee to vomit.
The hotel's location is also perfect because it's close to city center, ATMs, internet cafes and good restaurants along nearby Jalan Ahmad Yani. There is a mosque at the end of the street so be prepared for the morning prayer call but it didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

This is a solid, clean budget hotel, well located in the centre of town. Its best asset are its staff. I booked two full day tours through the hotel which were excellent value and really well organised. The guide Roni and his assistant Putra were friendly without being pushy or fake, flexible and very knowledgable on the local culture and landscape. Vehicle was clean, well maintained and comfortable. Both itineraries were tailored to my specific needs. Highly recommend these guys.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Orchid Hotel? Share your experiences!