“Satisfying and Relaxing Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tasik Ria Resort Manado

You added Tasik Ria Resort Manado to your Saves list
Tasik Ria Resort Manado
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Trans Sulawesi Mokupa, Manado 95351, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Manado
Singapore
“Satisfying and Relaxing Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have recently passed my SDI Open Water Scuba Diving course. I would like to credit my success to instructor Thomas Bierman.

I guess I was a rather exasperating learner in the beginning as I kept repeating the same mistake. Thomas was very patient and was meticulous in identifying my weakness and correcting them.

I nearly give up on my second day of my diving course because of my fear of drowning. But Thomas pursued me not to give up of my interest in diving. With his words, I promised him that I would try my best until I had the confidence to dive in open sea.

He even experiment with methods to make sure that my diving goggles is right size for me.

My youngest daughter like native sea and I asked her to take the same course in Manado from Mr. Thomas because I feel assured with him as my daughter's instructor.

I give thanks to all the staffs in the resort, who treated us like family members there. I will be coming back soon!

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are quieter and help to relax your mind off.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I arrived at Tasik Ria (with my unhelpful bundle of nerves) with the intention of getting my Open Water Dive cert late October this year. Prior to the trip, I had corresponded with Devi, Andrew from Reservations to book our stay and course, and Thomas who was our diving instructor with questions about the diving course and logistics. I was impressed from the get go by how helpful and friendly they were, and therefore had high expectations.

I was not disappointed, the first day we got there, Dan (the hotel manager) stopped by to chat with us and I was surprised that he was so updated with the special arrangements that we had to make in regards to our diving logistics and schedule, that's when I knew we were in really good hands.

Getting the OWD cert was really challenging for me, in fact I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it if not for Thomas, who was very reassuring and kept encouraging me along the way. I really appreciated his professionalism and his attentiveness. He was very strict with us when it came to our training exercises, safety and equipment checks, but still injected lots of fun into the course which made the whole experience memorable.

Facilities wise, the resort is quite basic and clean. Even though the staff may take a while to get back to you with your request, they are always polite and responsive.

All in all, it was a great experience and wonderful stay, Dan and Thomas made all the difference!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Learning Diving has been on my to do list for some time and when I finally decided to do so, this place made it easy and fun. The staff management was great and very down to earth. The staff and management were very helpful. The dive crew and guides are also very friendly and amazing people. Combine this with amazing reefs and dive sites, and you can't go wrong.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just back from a great holiday at Tasik Ria. We had excellent diving at Bunaken, I would have liked to do a bit more critter diving on the house reef but we just couldn't fit any more into the time. The guides and crew were lovely and a pleasure to be with. Really enjoyed the food, Dan and the team pushed the boat out and we were able to try out some local 'home style' cooking which was fantastic, I don't think there was a single meal when we didn't overeat. The food on the boat was pretty good too, amazing what they can produce in the tiny galley. Breakfast on the jetty is a great idea. really easy to wander straight from breakfast to the boat. Rooms were comfortable although not luxurious, and in need of a little updating, not that we spent much time in our rooms. This was our second trip to Tasik Ria and we would definitely go back.

Buren, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were in this resort in the low season and we had the hotel almost only for us. The swimming pool was clean and the service at the bar pool was very friendly.
We stayed in the Gran Cottage Sea View, these cottages were recently refurbisched and are extremely nicely decorated and very comfortable.
Daniel, the hotel manager, and the chefs in the kitchen, spoiled us with extremely good food, which is an exception compared to most hotels, where the food is downgraded to european taste, which makes it tasteless and spiceless.
The girls of the Spa are so sweet!
The dive center could do with a better english spoken team, in order to avoid misunderstandings. Except this point, the team is very kind and professional.
We just missed a beach where we could lay in the afternoon on a strecher and watch the sunset.

Room Tip: Choose the Gran cottage sea view, they are fabulously decorated and are extremely comfortable
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at Tasik Ria Resort for 5 nights in October 2013. The resort is spacious and generally quiet and peaceful apart from occasional traffic noise from the nearby main road. The sea view cottage I stayed in was very comfortable with a good standard of facilities and efficient AC – though the decor is starting to look a little tired. The jetty bar and restaurant offer a very pleasant way to relax and enjoy the sunset after a full day of diving.

The dive shop staff, boat crew and dive guides were all very friendly and professional. They take safety seriously and I felt very comfortable on each dive. There was plenty of room on the dive boat and the diving itself was great, as you’d expect from Manado and Bunaken, with plenty of variety during my 4 days of diving. Lunch and snacks onboard were good with plenty of tea, coffee and soft drinks to be had.

The one negative I had was that wifi is only available in the reception area.

Overall I really enjoyed the resort and would stay there again on my next visit to Manado.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my second time to stay at Tasik Ria. We enjoyed it so much the first time we wanted to stay again. We had a wonderful time. The resort is very neat and clean with a large pool and great Banana Mudslides! The dives were gorgeous and the crew was sooo helpful and went out of their way to make sure you had a great day and dive. They were great a finding all kinds of things to photograph. The boats are roomy and comfortable with a good lunch and snacks. Everyone at the resort goes out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful stay. Our return flights were a mess and the Hotel Staff and Manager got it all worked out and even took us to the airline office in town in order for us to be able to get our flights changed and to get home as planned. I want to thank them again for all their help!!!!!!! When returning to Manado I will definitely stay at Tasik again. Linda Kay Billen, USA

Room Tip: The rooms are pool view or ocean view and I have stay in both and found them to be great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tasik Ria Resort Manado? Share your experiences!