“Wonderful holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre

You added Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre to your Saves list
Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grand Kawanua International City | Jl. AA. Maramis - Kayuwatu / Kairagi II, Manado 95254, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Hot Deals!
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Manado
Melbourne
“Wonderful holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Novotel for 11 days and had a fantastic time. Loved the staff who always had a smile on their faces and would go the extra mile to help you out. Rooms were very comfortable and well equipped and our room had a separate lounge/kitchen area which was a bonus. We loved the peace and quiet and relaxed by the pool often. Walked around the golf course and ate at all the restaurants. Food was fantastic catering for both western and indonesia tastes. Wine was expensive but that is typical of Indonesia as a whole. Caught a cab into town for shopping and sight seeing but glad not to be staying in the hustle and bustle. Enjoyed an all day sight seeing tour of mountain area taking in small villages and wet market organised through the Novotel. Would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is one of the best hotels in Manado. The facilities are very good. Pity I can't say the same about Manado in general, but that's fairly typical of Indonesia. It's not close to the city but the resort facilities are affordable and the rides to and from city is not too expensive. We ate at the Japanese restaurant for lunch which was quite nice. Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
RossGreenaway, General Manager at Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Hi Michael

Thanks you for the review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and Wasabi! we have Manado's only Japanese Restaurant.................

Best regards

Ross Greenaway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

i was stay There and the bedcover smells not good. smells footy eew. and i ask the room service to change them. disgusting!
and my friend lost her underwear in laundry service. how come they made many mistakes in 1 night. i came at 2 pm and they report at 1 am innthe morming ruining my sleeping time.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your feedback although it is most surprsing, our Linen is exceptional quality and laundered daily on site here at the Resort - usually a source of many positive comments.

We have no record of missing items or logs of contact at anytime, I would be pleased to investigate further if you are able to supply more specific detail?

Best regards

Ross Greenaway
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here as my flight from Jakarta to Manado was very delayed and I was now due to arrive at 2.30am. My last minute booking was handled well and I was checked in very quickly which was great seeing it was the small hours of the morning. The room was a good size, bed was comfortable and clean and the shower was great which I needed when I woke up the next morning and had to get back to the Resort I work at and get back to work. I did not have breakfast so have no comments on the breakfast or the food. Staff seemed friendly and helpful. Akbar the night manager did a great job of dealing with my 'issue'. The only other comment would be why is there not internet in the room? Only Wifi in the lobby. Will be going back next month, before taking an early morning flight to Bali.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Was staying in a hotel in the city centre but found it too old and noisy and there was no gym. Since this was my company's preferred hotel, I moved here, albeit a 25-min ride from city centre, and loved it immediately cuz it's close to Nature, and the swimming pool and gym are great.

There's only one cycling, threadmill and step-up machine in the gym though. It might get busy during peak periods. But I used it at 9pm, and there was no one else there. Great area outdoors for those who want to do some running outdoors too. Plenty of space and fresh air.

I will definitely return for my next business trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at Novotel Manado.

Having not been to Indonesia, we didn't know what to expect, but Ross (the Manager) and the team made us feel welcome right from the moment we walked in. We were greeted with a refreshing drink before being shown to our room.

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable with a giant bathroom really making us feel at home.

We ate several times at the different restaurants, with the highlight the Japanese Teppenyaki session - just superb food! Prices are very competitive too.

The friendly staff were only too happy to help us find the best places to see in Manado.

Also loved the pool although we were enjoying ourselves too much to really get in there enough.

Make sure you try the Klappertart from the hotel's very own bakery - you won't regret it!

Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have just spent the last week at Novotel Manado and had the most fabulous time!
On arrival we were greeted by the lovely staff with a nice cold refreshing drink!
My room was beautiful, it was clean and had lots of room, the bathroom was large with a bath, a great walk in shower with a fantastic big shower head! The bed was so comfortable, with a view looking out at the volcano!
Breakfast was great with something for everyone, I had something different every morning!
I had dinner at Wasabi Restaurant , The Square Restaurant and on the Terrace, every meal was beautiful and the service was great! The staff always had a smile on their face and were always eager to help you and please you!
I loved that when I was walking around the hotel the staff always spoke to me, I felt like I was at home!
Before travelling to Manado I contacted the General Manager, Mr Ross Greenaway asking him if he could find an orphanage for me to take clothes and other items too. He not only found me an orphanage in need, he organised 2 of his staff to accompany me there. He was also good enough to organise a full day tour of Manado for me and my 2 friends!
While I didn't play golf I did walk around the course, it was beautiful, very serene! It made me wish I could play golf!
Everything about Novotel Manado was perfect, I had an amazing week thank you to Mr Greenaway and his fantastic staff who helped make my trip to Manado everything I hoped it would be! I hope I'll be back one day!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Novotel Manado Golf Resort & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!