“Very nice and helpfull” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado

You added Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado to your Saves list
Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav.85-87, Manado 95122, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
BEST AVAILABLE RATE
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Manado
Balikpapan, Indonesia
“Very nice and helpfull”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

All the crews are very polite and helpful. They really try to fulfill all your needs.
I arrived around 11pm and have no problem checking in.
The room is tidy and clean, nothing to complain about.
Breakfast is OK, they have both local and western food.

Stayed for 2 nights on November 2012, traveled with family.
Would I go back here and recommend this hotel for everyone? Sure, absolutely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Ms. Juliani,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

Representing Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado team, i would like to sincerely express our gratitude, for your credence to our property as a place to stay. it is a pleasant to know that you have a excellence experience during your stay with us. we would like to give our very best to meet every guest expectation.

Thank you very much for your time, to spend some minutes sharing your experience in Tripadvisor, we really appreciate that. And allow us to welcoming you back in Manado on your next trip. Have a great day.

Thamrin Ase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was upgraded to the executive room from a deluxe and the room is massive. Very nice and clean. The pool size is decent and the gym looked nice (I didn't get a chance to use the gym). Unfortunately the hot water is not hot enough. It's not a big deal since it's hot there anyway, but it's nice to have if you shower at night. I had problem with my credit card deposit, and when I called back (very late at 11 pm), even after I checked out, the manager assisted me with the process. Too bad I still have not gotten my deposit back. I am sure the problem is at my credit card company. The breakfast selection is great. The local food and the cheese croissant are amazing. If I have to go back for another business trip to Manado, I would totally go back to this hotel, but use cash for hotel deposit instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Blueplanettraveller,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

On behalf of Swiss-Belhotel Manado team, i would like to sincerely thank you for your stay with us. we will always give our best to fill what the guest need, preventing any inconvenience that you may experience, like our motto "OUR PRIORITY IS YOU". it is our commitment to always increase the quality of our service and product to meet guest expectation. it's a credit to us for your sharing experience in Tripadvisor, we really appreciate that.

Thank you very much for the attention. can't wait to welcoming you back in Manado.
Have a pleasant day.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The first impression as soon as we arrived at the hotel lobby I got was smoky. I was quite surprised to find out that smoking was still allowed at the lobby of an international hotel chain. Travelling with a four-month old baby, this was certainly not a healthy environment to be in.

Check-in process was quick and the bell boy was friendly and efficient. We got our suitcases delivered almost immediately after we got our room. The state of the room, however, was disappointing. The sheet had obviously not been replaced before our arrival - it was wrinkly and there were some dark spots on it. We asked housekeeping for a replacement and this was done without any hassle. Unfortunately, the replacement was just as dirty looking.

The towels were in pathetic conditions for a four-star hotel. They looked grey and old, some even had blood stains on them. If you can bring your own towel, especially for children/babies.

The air conditioning did not work on the first night. We called technicians a couple of times but little could be done that night although they showed real willingness to help. This situation was reversed on the second day of our stay so we could complain no further.

Apparently we stayed during "peak wedding season" in Indonesia. Within the four nights of our stay, there were a lot of groups of families attending weddings/special occasion. It caused the hotel hallways to be rather noisy at times, with people getting ready or going in and out of their rooms.

Staff was always friendly and eager to help. Breakfast selection is good. Location is excellent considering we visited Manado for a relative's wedding whose house is only 3 minutes away. I cannot comment more objectively on the location because during our stay we got driven around by relatives so it was quite convenient for us.

Would I stay at Swiss-Belhotel again? Yes, with reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's a bit far from the elevators to reduce noise and traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Mr. Jingga 18

Warmest Greetings from Manado

On behalf of my team, I'd like to extend our sincere gratitude that you have stayed in our hotel during your trip to Manado. My special thanks for your valuable feedback telling me your experience during your stay at my hotel.I do apologize for all bad experience that you had in my hotel and I ensure that I will take a prompt action to correct it. For your info that I have made my lobby free from cigarette smoke as it is non smoking area now. I also have made better maintenance on the AC by signing maintenance contract with the AC supplier. I do hope that they make better the quality of our products.

Kindly give me a chance to welcome you back in our hotel in Manado and I will personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay in my hotel.

Thank you for your attention and have a great weekend.

Best Regards

Elwas Suwarno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed on the second time. First time few years ago, it was good , brand new and clean but this time it is an absolute disaster. First i was really annoyed that the rate i booked through booking.com site was 100% more expensive than the local rate at the same room type ( Deluxe room) as my Indonesian colleaque who stayed at the same hotel and same room type. I mean i don't mind if it is a bit more expensive than local rate, but come on !@ - 100% more , that is ridiculous !

The disaster begins after the first night, i got a big room on the 5th floor with queen size bed , and nice small living area but the air con can not be adjusted, and the shower in the room did not work properly - water pressure was really low because the lock knop to switch from tap in the tub to the shower did not lock tight. And the shower curtain could not prevent the water splash, so the toilet was so flooded everywhere on the floor.
I complained and try to change a new room after the first night, but then the hotel give me a much smaller room on the 6th floor as the same room type was fully booked, which the receptionist claim it was the small room given was the same rate. I knew it was a lie, as the room is so much smaller with no wifi internet. And the shower had the same problem, flooding everywhere after the shower. So i complained, and ask for a new room after the second night, and they promised to give me the same big room i had before, but no i did not get the same big room. The room is on the 8th floor, well it is not small as the room on the sixth floor i got, but not the same as the first room i got . The worst thing is the air con is not working properly on the two nights i stayed, and the internet is sucked. very slow. I just sick and tired of changing room so i gave up.

The breakfast room was small so during the morning you will have to compete to get available desk to sit down to eat. The food was ok, not good and really not much choice for non Indonesian . So if you are foreigner, don't expect to enjoy food here.

The gym was ok, with sufficient equipment free weights equipment but if you are looking lots of sky walkers, and others, don't expect that. The carpet was good, and the aircon was not working . They had to keep the door open.

The staff speak reasonable english but the service level is not international standard. The hotel facilities maintenance is difinitely a problem.

If you are looking for a nice comfortale stay, choose other hotels - there are better new hotels to choose from in Manado. And i don't expect to come back to this hotel any more in the future. It is terrible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Elwas, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Mr. Sombatbkk

Warmest Greetings from Manado...

I was very sad to find your feedback but I do thank you that you have expressed your experience during your stay at our hotel in Manado. I do apologize for the such inconvenience and poor quality of our service rendered to you. I and management team take the case seriously to ensure that the situation will not occur in the future. I hope you will grant me a chance to serve you again in the future when I would like to meet you personally. If you visit Manado in the future, just drop me a call at 081328833100 and I will provide you the best room to stay.

Thank you for your attention and Looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Best Regards

Elwas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Swiss BelHotel. We had a large room with a fantastic view over Manado city, the bay and the volcano (Manado Tua). The room was clean and bright and offered all amenities we required.
We ate twice in the Swiss Cafe and on both occasions both the food and the service was excellent. Breakfast was also served in the Swiss Cafe; there was plenty of selection to suit all palates and the service was again up to standard.
The reception staff were very helpful and processed our booking and check in efficiently, always with a smile.
Best of all was the size of the bill at check out, an absolute bargain. I know where we will be staying when we next visit Manado.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Phillip H,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado...

On behalf of the Swiss-Belhotel Manado team, i would like to sincerely express our gratitude to have you stayed in our property. it seems that you have a most pleasant moment during your stay with us, and we are very delighted to have your sharing in tripadvisor. It is indeed our commitment to luxuriate our guest during their stay with us. We will increase the quality of our service and product to always meet the guest expectation.

Once again, Thank you very much for your time in tripadvisor. we are looking forward to welcoming you back in our property. Have a great day...

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Lounge: Nice lounge, comfortable sittings, but too many people smoking in lounge, as they have no separation for smoking lounge.
Lobby: The lobby has not many sittings, at the same level of lobby they have hotel's bakery shop in left and hotel's lounge in right.
Location: Located in major and busy street.
Room: clean, eventhough not so spacious.
Towels: medium quality.
Pillows: just ok.
Beds: good.
Service: very good.
Lifts: quite modern.
In general, good choice when in Manado.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Cipto29,

Warmest greetings from Manado,

On behalf of Swiss-Belhotel Manado team, i would like to extend our gratitude for your stay in our property. it was an honor for us to be chosen as a dwelling place among the many hotels in Manado. we are apologize for any inconvenience during your stay in our property. regarding the lounge, we will provide an air freshener to accomodate the air circulation in there.

Thank you very much for your time to sharing with us in tripadvisor, we looking forward to welcoming you back in Manado.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Manado is not a charming city: strange buldings, narrow streets, difficult public transport. Passengers come here to dive and to visit beautiful nature in sourroundings. Swiss Belhotel is a cosy place in this noisy city.very good location Few steps from the absolute center. Very helpfull receptionists, big rooms, nice and clean beds and bathrooms, very elegant breakfast. Nice atmosphera in the lobby bar. If You need a quiet place for accomocation - You can choose this one. Food stores on oposite side of the strreet - it s important.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thamrin A, IT & E-Commerce Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Andrzej,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado.

On Behalf of the Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado team, i would like to sincerely thank you for your stay in our property. And we are very delighted to receive your sharing review on tripadvisor. your good experience is our expectation, and we do hope that you will share it to your colleague that willing to have a trip to Manado.

Big appreciation for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back in Manado. Have a great day.

Thamrin Ase

Been to Swiss-Belhotel Maleosan Manado? Share your experiences!