There is not much to say about Lumbalumba except: Excellent!
Roel and Juud have built a very special place with so much to speak for it:
• A stunning garden: This is Juud's "baby" and you can spend hours marveling at the park. It is beautifully landscaped and contains various orchids and interesting plants such as cinnamon trees.
• Wonderful huts: You will find a solid build house with a wonderful view, AC, hot water.
• Great food and an overall homely atmosphere: Everybody sits together in the evening for a nice cocktail and buffet dinner and enjoys the absolutely great cooking. Look forward to local dishes with the freshest fish and prawns you probably ate in a long time, or some European options such as soup and salad.
• Diving/snorkeling: They have a nice boat and a great crew! We only did the snorkeling, but every day was so much worth it. The drops and variety in corals and fish are absolutely stunning in Manado!
It is hard to explain in few words, but overall Lumbalumba exceeded our expectations in any field possible, so I can only recommend it to everybody considering going to Manado!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Lumbalumba Diving" is an informal, small and comfortable dive resort in Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. With no more than five luxurious chalets, we offer a familiar and flexible atmosphere with the personalized attention you are looking for. "Lumbalumba Diving" is a complete dive resort with own accommodation, excellent cuisine, bar, tropical pool, limited spa facilities, dive center, Private jetty and spacious dive catamaran. Located on a 3.5 hectare, mountain slope, in a lush botanical garden and overlooking the famous Bunaken Marine Park, we also have one of the most spectacular views you can find in Manado. "For us, you are not just another tourist. For you we are not just another dive resort" ... more less