“Not recommendable for Non-Indonesians” 1 of 5 stars

Singgasana Hotel Makassar
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kajaolaliddo, No. 16, Makassar 90013, Indonesia   |
Ranked #15 of 57 hotels in Makassar
Bremen, Germany
“Not recommendable for Non-Indonesians”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was one of the badest I ever stayed.
Smoking in a non-smoking room seems to be usual. Room reek of smoke.
Important for business peaople: WiFi not available, but LAN - if one kindly asks the front desk the second time, because it is not normal to get a cable in advance.
Although it is announced that a safe is available in every room - the truth is, that in fact one gets it only at the front desk.
Announcements of the hotel and reality are far away from each other !
Breakfast does not fit with requirements of non-Indonesians. This is an ideal area for those who are on diet and want to reduce weight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SampoernoWibowo, General Manager at Singgasana Hotel Makassar, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Mr.Uwe W

Warmest Greetings from Singgasana Hotel Makassar,

First of all, we on behalf of the management would like to sincerely thank you for your support and patronage towards Singgasana Hotel Makassar.

Thank you for the time and trouble share your experience at Tripadvisor regarding our hotel. Hereby, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies

We are continuously upgrading our hotel in term of facilities and services, and Please rest assures that we will review our internal procedure including this particular case with our team in order to avoid similar situation in the future. Your support to The Singgasana Hotel Makassar is very much appreciated and we certainly hope that we can win back your confidence in us.

Mr.Uwe, Although we cannot correct an error in the past, but we sincerely hope that you will accept our sincerest apology. Assuring you of our continuous dedication and commitment to take corrective actions and to provide better service with the name of Singgasana Hotel Makassar, we remain.

Warms regards,

Wibowo Sampoerno

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

How can they call themselves a 4-star when there's no safe in the hotel? I got a newly renovated room, but that's about it. The bathing soap they provide is a bar, breakfast is totally local (Indonesian), the air con is unbearably cold and the room is still cold when I switched off the air con, the gym is dark & no one uses it, since it contains what looks like pieces of junk. Saving grace is probably the swimming pool. Super disappointment when its price is not much lower than the newest hotel in the city. I would never have chosen to stay there if the newest hotel were not full.

• Stayed October 2012
Bandung, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business trip, I did not choose it. Somebody else booked the room for me. Which is good because I didn't feel too disappointed, because if I was not the one who had booked for this hotel, I would had been mad to myself for not finding the right information first. And for that I write this review for you as your reference.

This is a four star hotel, but I think they should downgraded it because there are no extraordinary to tell about this hotel (food just standard, room is standard, the staffs are just ordinary). But sadly to tell, unfortunately with couple of hindrances.

First. I gave some training in one of this hotel meeting rooms, “Kendari”. I needed assistance to set the audio, since there were so many noises and one of the jack of my wireless microphone did not fit to the mixer. I asked them to help me to find the adapter. It took them almost 2 hours to complete the task.

Second. I came back to my room one night at 11 PM, and ready to take a long nice hot shower. What I got was a cold water. Since I had to take that shower, I didn’t not have any choice but to change my mindset and took that cold shower. Later the next day, one of my colleagues told me that he had to take the cold shower as well. This conclude that is not just a trouble in my room, but may be for the rest of the rooms. This is the four star hotel for crying out loud!

I did filled the guest comment when I checked out, and I hope they will improve. And for Singgasana Hotel, Makassar: I hope you accept this as positive critic for you to be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Well, Choosing this hotel as a 4 star hotel in Makassar was bringing some great expectations in my mind. Taking their deluxe business package, I was pleased with the offer.

After checked in and entering the room, I couldn't find the welcome fruit basket as mentioned in the package details.

The hotel were very kind to upgrade me to new executive deluxe suite... Well the room is wide but the air conditioner were not working and the room feels uncomfortable.... How could they were not maintaining their "newly renovated" room? Thankfully they moved me into deluxe room (So silly wasn't it - after upgraded then back to basic order!

The staff were nice and helpful although need a longer time to me to served in proper procedure since the air conditioner in my room were not functioning well...

The breakfast were good in a variance. However some trainee staff were not trained well, as i requested for WiFi Password, they didn't understand about it.

Hmmm... to bad this hotel reputation were not handled well......

Room Tip: Ask for the harbor view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is my first time touch down at Makassar very late night coz delay my flight. I have booked the room at singgasana hotel makassar. Concierge staff very much patient wait at the airport even 2 hours delay. 15-20 minute from airport to hotel. short the story, i stay at suite room and it was enjoyable. According to the staff, the room was renovated. High ceiling Lobby area it looks pretty big, the restaurant for breakfast place at that it was packed coz there was some group looks like local people. On dinner time at restaurant i look at the group of tourist, when i hear the conversation it was from France.
Over all my stay at this hotel is very enjoyable

Room Tip: requested Renovated room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Flores
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Just stayed here for a night, i havent spent much time here but was a standard room and decent breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is central location reception efficient restaurant here & buffet breakfast is good but caters mostly for Indonesian tastes drugstore & business Ctr not open >rooms are large beds comfortable with flat screen tv > bathrooms modern walk in shower sulawesi decor in rooms & lobby free wifi well appointed rooms with good lighting & smart decor

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Singgasana Hotel Makassar? Share your experiences!