Went there with my wife during the weekdays so there wasn't much of the crowd that some reviews mentioned. The service there was superb from the moment we got off the speed boat to the time we left, the staff there were very accomodating and helpful. The only issue is some don't speak english very well, so communicating was a bit comedic at times, but they more than make up for that with the hospitality.
There's lots to do exploring the beaches, both in and out of the water. Only note is, if you go treking into the forest, bring loads of insect repellent, unspoiled nature also implies unspoiled mosquito habitats. Still, the main areas of the resort; villas, restaurants and the like are largely bug-free.
Nights were beautiful, starry nights are common even during the monsoon season. And the room is plenty cool and breezy so that the lack of air-conditioning never even comes to mind. Waking up to the sight and sound of the turquoise waters lapping on the white beach is the best (and most romantic) wake up call ever.
- Also Known As:
- Nikoi Island Hotel
- Nikoi Island Bintan
- Nikoi Island Hotel Bintan
- Nikoi Island Bintan Island, Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nikoi Island is a 15 hectare private island just 85kms from Singapore and has long been regarded as one of the most stunning islands on this unspoiled coast. Ringed with white sandy beaches and coral reefs of spectacular color and diversity, Nikoi is for those seeking a true private island experience and the comfort of a destination dedicated to responsible tourism practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Nikoi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.