Islands are intriguing and so is Nikoi Island with its shockingly white powdery soft sand, crystal clear sea and lush greenery.
On this tropical island, one has to forget about busyness of work and learn to let go of the need for tv, air-con, phones, PCs, hair dryers, fridge (though icebox is provided), internet (limited access).
Instead, my girlfriends and I found ourselves nourishing our senses with what Nikoi has to offer by:
- walking amongst the green canopies of indigenous trees in the coastal forest (we started the trail from Villa no. 15) and attempting to climb the not-so-steep 30m hill.
- marveling at the magnificent fringing coral reef, coastal saltwater mangrove and coral ‘graveyard’, gigantic white granite boulders, iPod Rock and treehouse near the beach bar
- kayaking, windsurfing, snorkeling, paddle-boarding or swimming at the saline swimming pool
- reveling in the nightly bonfire which starts around 7:30pm (depending on wind conditions) and toasting marshmallows with long wooden poles
- getting enraptured by sunrises at the poolside and sunsets at the Beach Bar
- mingling with the friendly Nikoi staff especially Yogi, Gugun and Jordan who served us chilled iced water, cocktails (do try Yogi’s Colada and Sangria), homemade crackers and cookies. We also checked out the library of books, jars of broken pottery and coins found near the island. And Yogi introduced us to the elegant Suzie (Golden Orb spider) who hangs out at the Beach Bar and feeds on bananas.
- watching movies at the lounge just behind the Beach Bar in the evenings.
- gazing at the vast magnificent constellation of stars
- busking in Nikoi's philosophy in preserving nature which is evident from the villas made of driftwood and dried grass thatching, solar hot water panels, hand-blended bathroom amenities, delectable meals they serve with local produce, smoothened sand dining floors, absence of motorised water sports.
Post-Nikoi me felt lighter, happier and bursting with energy….I can’t wait to return to Nikoi for the 3rd time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nikoi Island is a 15 hectare private island just 85kms from Singapore and has long been regarded as one of the most stunning islands on this unspoiled coast. Ringed with white sandy beaches and coral reefs of spectacular color and diversity, Nikoi is for those seeking a true private island experience and the comfort of a destination dedicated to responsible tourism practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Nikoi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikoi Island Bintan Island, Riau Islands
- Nikoi Island Hotel Bintan