We went for a 2D1N stay, got the voucher from Groupon. The journey took indeed 1 hour + from central area..
Staff were really helpful, sent us to our Oceanic Room on a trishaw when we arrived in the evening.(held up by the other tour mates!! should have gone free & easy!) Their packaged dinner at the Sun Moon restaurant was not bad, we got some vegetable chicken soup followed by main dish(chicken was humoungous but a little hard) followed by desserts - watermelon.
The next day we decided to wake up at 6am Bintan time to have a soak in the sea but we were shocked because its' low tide is something we had never seen before, the water had receded way back into the far depths of the vast ocean that lay beyond. I think the water started seeping in at only about 10am, when many of the water activities started.. so we started getting ready for breakfast.
Breakfast was horrible, the noodle looks fake, the roti prata I got was not even cooked!! The only thing that saved us from hunger were the small pieces of nuggets, ate only that till we felt full. Besides there were so many flies flying around disturbing our peace! You have been warned! We would have just sat inside our room eating cup noodle if we had known earlier.
The oceanic room 6103 we got was just fine, beds are suprisingly clean.. toilets dun really flush well though but i tink that's a whole bintan thing.. everything was fine for the room and staff were very friendly and hospitable throughout..
Oh we went for a 15-20 min horse ride and managed to take pic with it although the horse can be a little hard to manage, would keep turning his head when we are trying to take picture! It costs 76000 Rupiah, quite worth it. I thought there was an elephant ride too but I think that could be ages ago...
Overall, I would say it is pretty average. Might book here in advance again but won't take the breakfast deal !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands