We were at this place with our kids (7 and 3) for a 2 day holiday from Singapore. Pickup from airport went off flawlessly and the drive, though long, was beautiful. Unfortunately, it was all downhill from there.
First thing we realised on checking in was that the room smelt of cigarette smoke strongly and the flush didnt work. After explaining this to the front desk, they eventually agreed to change it to the next one. We were told that the hotel was completely full. This didn't seem to be true when we walked around the pretty large property later, lots of entire buildings seemed to be vacant. In any case, the second room turned out to be better.
The other major challenge was food. We tried ordering various things customised to kids tastes but all the food came out very greasy and unappetising. If I had to pick one thing that set the tone for the trip, it would be the bad food.
What did stand out though was the beach. It was beautiful and we would have really had fun if it weren't for the fact that we were switched off by allnthe things before we got to it. I would definitely recommend the trikora beach as a place to go!
We specifically wanted to get out of the very touristy resort cluster in the north of the island, but we did expect a basic but clean place with reasonable food even if it didn't have many luxuries. Based on this experience, I am pretty sure I will not be going here again. In retrospect, for what we paid for this place including the food etc, I would probably have had a better experience in the more packaged resorts..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands