“A perfect getaway from a stressful job!:)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bintan Agro Beach Resort

You added Bintan Agro Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bintan Agro Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Pantai Trikora km.36 | Teluk Bakau, Riau Islands Province 29153, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Save Rp 150k on Weekdays
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Bintan Island
Singapore, Singapore
“A perfect getaway from a stressful job!:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights and the very first thing that we applaused about them is the food. Every thing that they serve is a well-done meal! From the Sun moon's chicken mushroom soup,their tasty kangkung belacan, and sweet and sour chicken - they were all nice!
Asiana restaurant also serve delicious meals but its more expensive than sun moon's rates.
This resort has mini zoo, oceanic spa, and water activities!! Must try all!!:) we had banana boat, flyfish, u-slalom, and an unfamiliar ride for me which is the marble. Its like a round sofa in water and a speedboat will drag you left and right!! So get ready to scream!!:)
They have 2 swimming pools,one is small and one is average size.
White sand is just across agro resort and its very clean!!:)
Im sure ill be back here!:)

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Panipat, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I, along with my family members made a quick and short trip to Indonesia and was not left with much options with hotels as it was a last minute decision so we booked ourselves at the Bintan Agro beach resort. On reaching we were absloutely clueless about our resort but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Extremely beautiful and serene resort. Good food, great rooms and cottages, over water bungalows and all this at a very affordable price.
They have some very good beach sports options.
A thumbs-up !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

stayed at agro cabana (the sister resort of agro beach) - suite room. the things in the room were well maintained. mineral water, tea & coffee (the standard) were provided. lovely view from our room window. faced the beach directly, great view of the ocean! beds were comfortable too! we had 2 connecting suite rooms which was a great touch.

its disappointing that most of the sea sports activities were at the main agro beach resort which is a hassle to get there so we stayed in ours to rest and relax instead. had all 3 meals at the resort. the breakfast buffet was not good. few variety of ready cooked food. the chef couldn't even cook the eggs properly (they had scramble, omelet & sunny side up). very haphazard job by the cook at the eggs station. we had pizza, prawns and fish for lunch. pizza had a very very very thick crust and hardly any toppings, prawns was not exactly fresh and sweet & sour fish's batter was not even crispy. poor food quality. this was chosen after they didn't have french onion soup nor calamari nor squids.. dinner was much better, we had beef rendang (slightly tough but edible), curry chicken (this was pretty good) & vegetables.

the food took really long to serve and I felt that there was no sense of urgency in terms of the service. alot of time was spent waiting to be served.

the rooms sound proofing was not good, could hear constant noises from the outside traffic (i think the back of our rooms was facing a road). but i am not that a light sleeper and the night's sleep was ok.

the beach fronting our suite room felt like a man made beach but the water was relatively clean and we had some fun waddling in the shallow waters spotting fishes and other creatures in the water.

there is a package online that consist of a day city tour (consisting of 2 "malls" and 4 temples). a few of the temples were interesting but the malls were poor. not the type of shopping one would expect, there were hardly more than a few shops that one will walk in, let alone buy anything. the lunch provided at a restaurant at the kelong was of pretty decent standard, quality and proportion.

Room Tip: ask for the suite rooms, it was on slightly higher level with a good view of the beach.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We decided to try the honeymoon package, although it wasn't exactly our honeymoon. The staff was helpful with providing us with info & prompt in replying to our queries via email.

We were well prepared for the long transfers, the guy at the Tanjung Pinang ferry terminal greeted us immediately as we arrived. The ride cuts through the island of bintan from the west coast to the east. No beach views, but lots of greens.

When we arrived it was low-tide, despite the warnings of disappointment we read from travellers, we actually considered this to be an amazing sight to see. Staying at a kelong style Blue Ocean suite, the view was spectacular in any weather. We even loved it when it was cloudy and raining. It's always a sight to see.

If you're planning on a pig-out, don't set your hopes up for the western food. And dont be fooled by the the menu. It will not turn out as you know it. Focus on the asian food and seafood. It's wonderful. We were not disappointed.

We were only able to snorkel and island hop to White Sands Island because of the weather. Though we were hoping to go to Mapur Island, White Sands was actually not disappointing,either. There were plenty of colourful fishes to feast the eyes and the clear blue waters of the islet's shores. Once docked, we were greeted by the island keeper's dog Uci & fresh coconut, it was great. A tip: we weren't able to bring our camera along, the small boat wasnt fit for a DSLR. Unless you have a waterproof camera/case, we suggest to rent one from the resort.

The spa was good, although the receptionist seems to not understand when I said 'swedish massage' and went for the rather painful traditional. But the masseus gave me some tips on how to make the experience much more pleasant. And it ended up to be one unforgettable one.

Overall, it was a pleasant quick getaway. Serene, comfortable. Note the place is humble, dont expect anything too fancy.

Room Tip: Go for the Blue Ocean suite, with the larger balcony
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Went on a deal with 3 other friends and stayed at "Bintan Cabana Beach Resort" a 15min ride away from Bintan Argo Beach Resort (its sister resort). Cabana was beautiful, more pretty than Argo but it was rather quiet, maybe due to its location. I only saw 2 other people there during my 2d1n stay. There wasn't any amenities at Cabana other than the Spa (but when i enquired about its services, we were still informed that we had to go to Argo to do it.) All the amenities and activities had to be done at Argo which was quite a hassle, considering that we had to take a shuttle(car) down to the other resort.

The room that we got was at Golden Bay Village, it was pleasant and clean enough. Everything required for a good room was present and it faced the sea. There was even a balcony for people to chill outside. Blackouts would occur ever so often throughout the Cabana resort but they recovered in an instant so it was alright. The toilet bowl somehow also broke down in the middle of the night.

My friends and I were looking forward to the water-sport activities, including snorkeling however, due to the timing of the low tide that we had not predicted, we were informed that we were unable to do it. Which was a huge disappointment. In the end, we purchased package A at S$40, which consisted of flying fish, banana boat, big marble and U-shalom. These activities only occupied less than 1hour of our time but duper fun (and rough)!

After the sea sport activities, we wanted to explore Argo and its other facilities but encountered another downer. It was raining on and off the whole day! More often raining than not. We had no other choice of activity but to jump into the pool and stayed there for the next few hours. To our surprise, there were 2 pools at the Argo resort. The larger one with a nicer view which I assumed without rain would be beautiful.

There was nothing else to do due to the rain and we decided to take a trip out to town(Tanjung Pinang), an hr's drive away. This was at a cost of S$10 per person. Requested the driver to take us to a good place for Ayam Penyet. It was delicious and cheap!! After which we went to the mini market for a tiny bit of shopping and then back to the resort.

Overall it was an okay trip, considering the hassle from Cabana to Argo (plus everything had to be done there) and the disappointment of not being able to snorkel and the rain. Other than that, the place was beautiful and the service provided was efficient and prompt. Don't think I'll be back though.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Its my 2nd trip so its time to give a review.having me going back to the same place must mean that its a wonderful place.journey was as usual ferry then a van to pick up from the ferry terminal which took probally an hour because the resort is the at the far end.staff who atttended to us were friendly throughout my stay to attennd to my queries.food was fabulous at the restaurant by the beach eventhough it was costly but up to my expectations.water sports were great as they had a few water sports at a reasonable price.rooms were clean and everything was well worth the little money i spend.if you are thinking about a cheap yet fufilling holiday experience with family or your loved ones,its a place not to be miss.

• Stayed October 2011
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Having stayed at Bintan Lagoon for a couple of times, I wanted to try something different when I went for a short stay at Bintan.

I checked out the different websites and reviews from Tripadvisor and found the Bintan Agro Beach Resort. Price was good and the amenities seems reasonable. Reviews were mixed but I decided to just go for it since it was for a day.

When I got to the Bintan ferry terminal, the mini van picked us up and it was a 1.2 hours drive to the resort. The ride there was quite a memorable one as we passed through fishing village with potable kelongs!! My mind was racing that there must be fresh seafood....

When we got to the resort, I asked myself...where's everybody. Granted it was Friday but at Bintan Resort, it would have been pretty busy. The reception area reminded me of a days gone by meaning that it was simple. Check in was fast and efficient.

There were even 2 50 year old well maintained classic cars, a Fiat and a Holden, which was still in working order. That was one of the highlight for me as I love such cars.

You have free wifi at the hotel reception and cafe which is great amenity for those who have smart phones and notebooks.

The Pro
1. Extremely quiet as the resort was bereft of people. I asked of the lack of people and was told that it was the "quiet" season and would pick up when the school holidays came about.
2. Food prices were reasonable and the quality was good. I had my lunch at the cafe and the fried rice was reasonably priced (SGD7) and my son's banana burger was only SGD6! Dinner time was at the SunMoon restaurant and the seafood we ordered was fresh. Price was equally good at $33 for shell fish,squid, steam crab and dessert.
3. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I wanted to check out the other rooms and hotels that they operated. They promptly got me a driver and took me on a tour. Well Done.
4. We had not much time to do the sea sport but managed to see people enjoying themselves on the flying fish, banana boat rides. There was even one chap doing para gliding/sailing.
5. The beach and ambience was really nice and relaxing. All that we wanted for peace and quiet was here!!

Cons
1. Our room was very standard. The bath tub needed to be cleaned up cause it was stained.. The towels are badly in need of new ones.
2. At about 4 am, the electricity tripped. It was turned on again in a couple of minutes but the sound of the trip woke me up.
3. There was a bath tub but we could not use it cause the shower could only be used.

My overall rating was that it is a good place for families and couples who want to be out of the crowds that would be in the other resorts. There are a couple of newer rooms and the prices are really good. I would not recommend the standard rooms but the newer ones.

The seasport centre is a nice centre and one can keep busy by engaging in some of the activities offered. Too bad that I was only there for a day.

Food is definitely fresh and very reasonable if you compare to the other resorts. I saved a lot and the quality of food was good. So no complains but only praises in this department.

Only thing is that the ride to the resort from the terminal is quite long but that is something I can handle.

Room Tip: Dont go for the standard rooms. For a bit more, you will get a better room. The price is worth it...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family