“An okay trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bintan Agro Beach Resort

You added Bintan Agro Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bintan Agro Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Pantai Trikora km.36 | Teluk Bakau, Riau Islands Province 29153, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
FANTASTIC WEEKDAYS
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Bintan Island
“An okay trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Went on a deal with 3 other friends and stayed at "Bintan Cabana Beach Resort" a 15min ride away from Bintan Argo Beach Resort (its sister resort). Cabana was beautiful, more pretty than Argo but it was rather quiet, maybe due to its location. I only saw 2 other people there during my 2d1n stay. There wasn't any amenities at Cabana other than the Spa (but when i enquired about its services, we were still informed that we had to go to Argo to do it.) All the amenities and activities had to be done at Argo which was quite a hassle, considering that we had to take a shuttle(car) down to the other resort.

The room that we got was at Golden Bay Village, it was pleasant and clean enough. Everything required for a good room was present and it faced the sea. There was even a balcony for people to chill outside. Blackouts would occur ever so often throughout the Cabana resort but they recovered in an instant so it was alright. The toilet bowl somehow also broke down in the middle of the night.

My friends and I were looking forward to the water-sport activities, including snorkeling however, due to the timing of the low tide that we had not predicted, we were informed that we were unable to do it. Which was a huge disappointment. In the end, we purchased package A at S$40, which consisted of flying fish, banana boat, big marble and U-shalom. These activities only occupied less than 1hour of our time but duper fun (and rough)!

After the sea sport activities, we wanted to explore Argo and its other facilities but encountered another downer. It was raining on and off the whole day! More often raining than not. We had no other choice of activity but to jump into the pool and stayed there for the next few hours. To our surprise, there were 2 pools at the Argo resort. The larger one with a nicer view which I assumed without rain would be beautiful.

There was nothing else to do due to the rain and we decided to take a trip out to town(Tanjung Pinang), an hr's drive away. This was at a cost of S$10 per person. Requested the driver to take us to a good place for Ayam Penyet. It was delicious and cheap!! After which we went to the mini market for a tiny bit of shopping and then back to the resort.

Overall it was an okay trip, considering the hassle from Cabana to Argo (plus everything had to be done there) and the disappointment of not being able to snorkel and the rain. Other than that, the place was beautiful and the service provided was efficient and prompt. Don't think I'll be back though.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Its my 2nd trip so its time to give a review.having me going back to the same place must mean that its a wonderful place.journey was as usual ferry then a van to pick up from the ferry terminal which took probally an hour because the resort is the at the far end.staff who atttended to us were friendly throughout my stay to attennd to my queries.food was fabulous at the restaurant by the beach eventhough it was costly but up to my expectations.water sports were great as they had a few water sports at a reasonable price.rooms were clean and everything was well worth the little money i spend.if you are thinking about a cheap yet fufilling holiday experience with family or your loved ones,its a place not to be miss.

• Stayed October 2011
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Having stayed at Bintan Lagoon for a couple of times, I wanted to try something different when I went for a short stay at Bintan.

I checked out the different websites and reviews from Tripadvisor and found the Bintan Agro Beach Resort. Price was good and the amenities seems reasonable. Reviews were mixed but I decided to just go for it since it was for a day.

When I got to the Bintan ferry terminal, the mini van picked us up and it was a 1.2 hours drive to the resort. The ride there was quite a memorable one as we passed through fishing village with potable kelongs!! My mind was racing that there must be fresh seafood....

When we got to the resort, I asked myself...where's everybody. Granted it was Friday but at Bintan Resort, it would have been pretty busy. The reception area reminded me of a days gone by meaning that it was simple. Check in was fast and efficient.

There were even 2 50 year old well maintained classic cars, a Fiat and a Holden, which was still in working order. That was one of the highlight for me as I love such cars.

You have free wifi at the hotel reception and cafe which is great amenity for those who have smart phones and notebooks.

The Pro
1. Extremely quiet as the resort was bereft of people. I asked of the lack of people and was told that it was the "quiet" season and would pick up when the school holidays came about.
2. Food prices were reasonable and the quality was good. I had my lunch at the cafe and the fried rice was reasonably priced (SGD7) and my son's banana burger was only SGD6! Dinner time was at the SunMoon restaurant and the seafood we ordered was fresh. Price was equally good at $33 for shell fish,squid, steam crab and dessert.
3. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I wanted to check out the other rooms and hotels that they operated. They promptly got me a driver and took me on a tour. Well Done.
4. We had not much time to do the sea sport but managed to see people enjoying themselves on the flying fish, banana boat rides. There was even one chap doing para gliding/sailing.
5. The beach and ambience was really nice and relaxing. All that we wanted for peace and quiet was here!!

Cons
1. Our room was very standard. The bath tub needed to be cleaned up cause it was stained.. The towels are badly in need of new ones.
2. At about 4 am, the electricity tripped. It was turned on again in a couple of minutes but the sound of the trip woke me up.
3. There was a bath tub but we could not use it cause the shower could only be used.

My overall rating was that it is a good place for families and couples who want to be out of the crowds that would be in the other resorts. There are a couple of newer rooms and the prices are really good. I would not recommend the standard rooms but the newer ones.

The seasport centre is a nice centre and one can keep busy by engaging in some of the activities offered. Too bad that I was only there for a day.

Food is definitely fresh and very reasonable if you compare to the other resorts. I saved a lot and the quality of food was good. So no complains but only praises in this department.

Only thing is that the ride to the resort from the terminal is quite long but that is something I can handle.

Room Tip: Dont go for the standard rooms. For a bit more, you will get a better room. The price is worth it...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Hotel offer good room rates for a short getaway. Distance from ferry terminal to the hotel is quite far, the journey took about a hour. I would suggest taking a ferry to BBT instead of Tanjung Pinang terminal as the amount of time for land transfer is the same. Traveling to BBT takes about 55 mins but takes 1 hour 45 mins to TP terminal. Breakfast was not that great at the Asiana restaurant. The only good thing was the Spa which offers great sea view while you are doing your massage. Building is kinda of old but staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tangerang, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

The room is good enough but not the swimming pool and the beach. I played flying fish which was very fun and I also snorkelled near the White Sand Island which was average. There is no local price for the watersports. Wifi is available at the lobby and thw restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I went to bintan with my bf in January 2011. We wanted to book the blue ocean suite room however the rooms were full so we were given another option to go with the junior suite with jacuzzi. During the ride to the resort, there were only few of us, so we were taken by a van which made me puke throughout the journey, it was terrible.

The room was a newly renovated and we were given a good view. We were given beach side view and pool view from balcony. The room is spacious and huge, the bed is average for comfort, there's a flat tv but not much channels, we were bored at night especially when theres not much entertainment around agro. Since we were given a junior suite with jacuzzi, we thought the jacuzzi would look like a "Jacuzzi" but it looked more like a bath tub and and its small so it could only fit one person. The functions were bad too.The shower was wrapped up with plastic so we thought we might be the first to stay in the room. We had to walk up by stairs and theres no lift. The resort staffs were ok, nothing impressive and nothing unsatisfied of.

The service was so-so, food there were limited and it took a long time for them to serve us and the food at agro is expensive, they don't taste good either, food were all too sweet, they added alot of sweet sauce and at the resto you will see ants on the wooden pillars. We had to eat there for our lunch and dinner because theres no other restos around except the breakfast area. The buffet in the morning was really bad, the drinks were diluted and the food taste bad. There is not much entertainment at night, the bar was really quiet and boring. The zoo's so mini and pity on the animals kept in the cage. Its stinky too.

There were some decent sports there, kayaking, cycling, banana boat, flying fish etc. There are quite a number of water sports there. The swimming pool was ok, we swam at night because in day the pool was occupied. They had two pools, one near the beach and the other for kids which is located between the blocks.

We had the King and Queen spa too, it was quite ok. Nothing to comment on.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I went to this agro resort with my boyfriend. The tide was low but the weather is quite calm at that time. Staffs are really friendly and we stayed in a deluxe room near the mini zoo area...It is really quiet and peaceful...The room is also quite spacious for both of us...Food we find is ok since we are not that choosey...There are two restaurants and we both love the chilli crab from the sunmoon restaurant... We also went for a ride called sea marble and it is just fascinating... Although we had a problem with the door lock for the first night, the staffs were really fast at repairing the door lock within 15 minutes...
However, on the last day of my trip to ferry, I lost my iphone and I can only think of one place which is the bus that I took to go to the ferry...My boyfriend contacted the resort the next day and the resort took at least one hour plus to find back my handphone...Finally, they told us that the phone was indeed left inside the bus and they sent me back to Singapore with a package to my utter surprise...I was quite thankful to all the staffs who took the time to find back my handphone and even packed my handphone in a neat parcel to ship back to Singapore...We couldn't feel even more happier...Their service is really awesome and we would definitely never forget their excellent service...We would definitely come back again and we would even recommend Agro beach resort to our friends, colleagues and families...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bintan Agro Beach Resort? Share your experiences!