Went on a deal with 3 other friends and stayed at "Bintan Cabana Beach Resort" a 15min ride away from Bintan Argo Beach Resort (its sister resort). Cabana was beautiful, more pretty than Argo but it was rather quiet, maybe due to its location. I only saw 2 other people there during my 2d1n stay. There wasn't any amenities at Cabana other than the Spa (but when i enquired about its services, we were still informed that we had to go to Argo to do it.) All the amenities and activities had to be done at Argo which was quite a hassle, considering that we had to take a shuttle(car) down to the other resort.
The room that we got was at Golden Bay Village, it was pleasant and clean enough. Everything required for a good room was present and it faced the sea. There was even a balcony for people to chill outside. Blackouts would occur ever so often throughout the Cabana resort but they recovered in an instant so it was alright. The toilet bowl somehow also broke down in the middle of the night.
My friends and I were looking forward to the water-sport activities, including snorkeling however, due to the timing of the low tide that we had not predicted, we were informed that we were unable to do it. Which was a huge disappointment. In the end, we purchased package A at S$40, which consisted of flying fish, banana boat, big marble and U-shalom. These activities only occupied less than 1hour of our time but duper fun (and rough)!
After the sea sport activities, we wanted to explore Argo and its other facilities but encountered another downer. It was raining on and off the whole day! More often raining than not. We had no other choice of activity but to jump into the pool and stayed there for the next few hours. To our surprise, there were 2 pools at the Argo resort. The larger one with a nicer view which I assumed without rain would be beautiful.
There was nothing else to do due to the rain and we decided to take a trip out to town(Tanjung Pinang), an hr's drive away. This was at a cost of S$10 per person. Requested the driver to take us to a good place for Ayam Penyet. It was delicious and cheap!! After which we went to the mini market for a tiny bit of shopping and then back to the resort.
Overall it was an okay trip, considering the hassle from Cabana to Argo (plus everything had to be done there) and the disappointment of not being able to snorkel and the rain. Other than that, the place was beautiful and the service provided was efficient and prompt. Don't think I'll be back though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the new plane of paradise at Bintan Agro Beach Resort.Located in the south-eastern coast of Bintan Island, come revel in the realm of sparkling beaches and picturesque shorelines that will help set your mood for the perfect getaway. Home to a spread of scenic floras, crystal white sands and clear turquoise waters, our resorts nestle along the beachfront-with a cosy touch of perennial decor, friendly services and warm hospitality that will ensure the ideal retreat you deserve. Seafood lovers can also replete with delectable savouries in alfresco dining style that sits above the calm, glistening waters-while you indulge in the panoramic view of a breathtaking seascape.And for those who wish to escape the hordes will consider their time well spent here. With our first-ever ocean side spa on the island, imagine retreating into a calm journey that will soothe your body and mind for the many adventures to come.Appealingly casual and laidback, we have an atmosphere that makes for the perfect vacation. Only at Bintan Agro Beach Resort, experience the perfect holiday destination that will leave you wanting for more.LocationThe island of Bintan is about 40 Km from Singapore. The travel time to Tanjung Pinang is about 1 hour 45 minutes by Sindo Ferry / Wavemaster Ferry and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is situated on the East coast of Bintan and is 45 minutes away from Sri Bintan Pura Ferry Terminal. The travel time to Bintan Resort is about 55 minutes by Bintan Resort Ferries (BRF)and Bintan Agro Beach Resort is 60 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Despegar.com so you can book your Bintan Agro Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Agro Beach Hotel Bintan
- Bintan Agro Beach Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands