“Superb Holiday!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Bintan Island
“Superb Holiday!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

First time there and very impressed for 3D2N stay. Varities of food and most important can get drinks at beach bar.. The GO are so fantastic, working from morning till late nite, giving us lots of fun during our stay. Special thanks to Nindy!! You did a great job, Chloe had a great time with you and ONLY you!! Keep it up!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Richmond, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I wrote this..

A short ferry trip from Singapore is the mecca of parental paradise - Club Med Bintan Island

Club Med far exceeded every expectation in every single way!

The kids (9,8,3) were in the hands of Miss Natalie who was born to work with children. The mini and petit clubs were an action packed jammed schedule every day! Mini club started at 8.30 and my son was up at 5.30 most mornings ready to go! There was circus school in the morning with a trapese set up on the most stunning and importantly PRIVATE Club Med beach, then they went to Beach Voleyball, swimming, waterpolo, archery, masterchef class on the beach, kids bingo, disco, fashion parade.. The list goes on and I cannot thank enough Miss Natalie, Nindi and the rest of the every happy, active team who cared, excercised and created the best week of my kids life! My kids did not ask for an ipad, tv or any electronic device for a whole week.

As a mum, what’s to do? HA! No kidding. Any other holiday i’m making sandwiches, beds, shopping and haemoraging money on activities for the kids... Not at Bintan, I did NOTHING! My lilo by the pool got a good workout along with the open bar all day, the snack bar and where do I begin with the restaurant. I suffer coeliac disease and on holidays I watch while everyone experiments with beautiful foods – I am always too cautious as the slightest amount of gluten and I am out of action and pretty sick. All I can say is a big big thank you to Chef Simon and Chef Suyono who looked after me like no other restaurant ever. Thank you Club Med for having such educated chefs aware of food intolerances and who made sure I had just as wonderful dining experience as anyone else. Custom-made dishes every day HOORAY I didn’t just have to eat rice – THANK YOU SO MUCH Chef Simon and Chef Suyono (I hope I spelled that right!)

I am so glad I booked this holiday. I am so glad I found Club Med now and not in 10 years when the kids are too old for it.
Holiday of a lifetime... Back next year!

Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We visited Club Med Bintan while living in Korea temporarily. The nature, the beach, the weather and the service could not possibly be better. The beach was the best I have ever experienced in my life, perhaps Phuket being very close to it. The water is very clear, it is very warm and inviting, the waves are very playful for the surf enthusiast and the sand is fine and beautiful. The weather was perfect. it is always a warm and comfortable summer breeze. No need for air conditioning, no need to cover yourself. The service and the work ethic of the club med employees is top notch. They come across very professional, caring and sincere. Activities for kids and day care are excellent. All and all I was a very satisfied customer even though it was the most expensive vacation of my life. The only thing i would have expected to be better for the money is the quality and age of the facilities. They are somewhat dated and minimalist but everything else is so nice that it never bothered us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We went there during March school holiday week. It was still Monsoon season. So no sea sports to enjoy except for advanced surfing. Plus first two days got constant raining going on...a lot of outdoor activities not open. That can be disappointing.... But the private beach view with the nice wave made us relaxed. That is the best thing I enjoyed in Club med Bintan.
Overall, the stay was pleasant and relaxing. Choose the sea view room which really good. Another thing is that there is no lift in the resort rooms block (although there are only 3 levels) except the main lobby block. That can be difficult for elderly or small kids. Luckily my kids are above 5 yrs, so they can climb up themselves without my help. Otherwise, I can be even tired! We stayed at S block, 3rd level which is superior sea view room. There is one block which I guess are deluxe sea-view rooms (directly facing the sea) in front of our S block, so the sea-view is partially block by it if you stay at level 2 or level 1. Our 3rd level is above that block, so the view is still very open and nice. At least it balanced up between the climbing up more stairs with the better view.
Food and beverage wise, it is good with variety. Many different cocktails and Mock-tails drinks to enjoy.
The another good thing is that they have the kids mini-club service. However, because of the raining, their outdoors activities also affected. So my kids did not had much fun. But with this service, that gave adults more free time to relax.
I recommend to go during non-monsoon season. So you can enjoy more activities.

Stayed March 2014
Remaufens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

If you do not consider the price of a stay here (minimum 250 US$ per night per person), it's a dream !

All beverages are included in the price, the room is very nice and big, even the "cheapest" one !

Wifi free, sports (tennis, badmington, archery, squash, ping-pong etc.) free, 2 nice pools, wonderful beach, several restaurants (free), and a huge buffet, open at almost any time, with high quality food.

If it were 4 times cheaper, I would go there every year =)

PS: transfert boat=>hotel and return not included (20US$/2pax). It could have been included when you pay so much for one night

Room Tip: If you can, take a room with sea view, it's so much romantic ! =)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here based on the reviews on this site...... I was very disappointed with what I got for the money I paid.

Timing may improve things.... During our visit a large group was just leaving ..... But was quickly followed by a group of 200 on a conference.... So meal times were busy and a little crowded.

Positives:

1.GO's are superb.... Working non stop to keep everyone happy and entertained .... They cannot be faulted.
2. Food is plentiful,well presented and caters for all tastes , great chef and team.
3. Nice white sandy beach,lush gardens.

Negatives.

1. Wifi is absolutely shocking..... None in our room during the stay despite being told it was being looked at and would be working soon.... I stayed four days and couldn't access it at anytime during my visit.Having spoken with a few members of staff this is a consistent problem.

I don't want people telling me 'not to worry,your on holiday' I had to cancel several business calls because of this.This is the 21st century ... If you don't have don't advertise!!

2. Rooms are basic ... We were allocated rooms at the back of the property near the spa and terrace restaurant... The better rooms appear to be on the front of the property ?

3.Water Sports were limited due to the rough seas.... If you want this facility I was told the seas are calmer in April through August.

4.Sea is NOT SAFE for children ... There is a very strong undercurrent.... This though is well noted around the property.

5.Drinks whilst plentiful are not 'Premium' and vary in quality.

All in all a disappointing.

Sorry I wanted to give a great review because the staff really do care.... But to many negatives..... All in the pursuit of profit perhaps????? The true ethos of Club Med isn't at this resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

you will not be disappointed with the rooms, the pools or the dinning. We surprised our for her 70th and she loved it. The food was great but it was a little crowded at peak times. The beautiful coy ponds made meal times very very relaxing. Liked this hotel very much!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!