We stayed at Club Med in Oct for 4 nights with our family who live in Singapore. Upon arrival we were greeted by the GO's clapping and offering us a cold flannel. Check in was speedy and easy.
We paid for a superior room which was pleasant enough. The wet room was nice. The rooms need upgrading to bring in line with five star rating.
The beach was fabulous and so were all the staff.
Did not enjoy the dining experience. It was noisy and chaotic, like being in a school dinner hall. The food was average, not always hot enough. The choices were ok, they catered for everyone.
Would we go there again? Probably not. It was quite expensive for what it was, although if you have young children it would be ideal.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan
- Bintan Club Med
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less