“Total relatation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

Save Saved
You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bintan Island
Happy Valley
“Total relatation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Absolutely beautiful weather while we were there -- that always helps but really I don't think it would matter if it rained 24/7 -- the resort is very big and always something happening -- rooms had multichannel TV and also DVD players.

Food was superb -- so much choice from all Asian types and, of course, European -- everything presented beautifully and all top quality.

Bars are located well at poolside, at beachside and also on reception floor and never seemed to wait any time for drinks or coffee to be made. Excellent, friendly, competent service at all venues.

Room Tip: Resort is tiered and dining room is on third floor (reception on 4th floor if taking beach as ground...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We just came back from our long week-end in Club Med Bintan, enjoying a 4D3N during the break in Singapore for Hari Raya.
The club was almost fully occupied, and of course a lot of people from Singapore, like us.
First I’d like to say that I’m a huge fan of the Club Med, I’ve been in many places, in Europe and Asia, and my stay in CM Bintan (2nd time) was really enjoyable.

The Club – the club is beautiful, just facing the beach. Big resort but also cosy, each detail is important and the staff is very attentive and pleasant, smiling and friendly. The white sand beach is amazing, clean and with enough seats for every one. The bar on the beach is a good option to enjoy the sun set in the late afternoon.

The Team - Of course, in Club Med, the real value is the team – the GOs – always there to let you enjoy your day and activities. I don’t know where they find their energy from early morning until late in the evening. Whatever you are, 5 years old or 70, they are really friendly and smiling, and even in rainy days, they manage to adapt the activities’ program to give you fun.
I’d like to thank all the GOs for giving so much fun during this week-end. I can’t name all GOs because I haven’t met all of them, but I’d like to thank in particular
Joey, the fitness GO for his energy and professionalism, smile and friendship. Even with some music player issue (please, grant him budget to buy new tape recorder!). I enjoy doing Tai-chi and step facing the sea, cardio kick boxing, pilates and dance fitness with him. Thank you so much Joey !
Cee, shortly arrived from Canada, but already in line with Club Med spirit. His smile was on his face all day. I learned how to dance “groovy” with him, sooo funny !!
Wayan, the golf’s GO – I know him for such a long time now, and he always recognizes my husband and me. He has the smile and happiness from Bali, gives you nice tips to improve yourself at the golf practice, and last but not least, he dances amazingly well (he dances Michael Jackson show !!)
Arielle, at the reception, for her friendship and smile, her help for organization and efficiency.
And so many others, but I don’t know their names…

The food - Let’s talk about what we enjoyed 3 times a day. Buffets were really good and nicely decorated. I’d like to compliment the Chef at the restaurant for the quality of food and dishes he and his staff prepared us every day. The quality of ingredients was good and even after 4 days, I was not bored about eating always the same dishes. Every meal they proposed new dishes, usually according to the theme of the day. You can compose your plate among Japanese, Chinese or Western corner. But also fresh tasty bread (and you can trust me, I’m French and a bread lover), cheese, pizzas, French fries, grilled fish… The desserts buffet is also a must. If you are lucky, let’s try the Ginger crème brûlée. I learned with the Chef how to do it in a special cooking class. It still makes me my mouth water. This is the first time I can see the Chef being so invested in his job, every day walking around the restaurant to check if clients are happy with the buffet, joking with us and ensuring we don’t miss anything.

The room - When you come in Club Med, you are not supposed to stay in your room, but this doesn’t mean it should not be comfortable. Well, this is what they are, comfortable, clean, and quite big. The housekeepers make the room during breakfast time. I liked the shaped animals with towels on the bed.
If I can make some suggestion, I would request for soap in the bathroom. And next time I’ll request for a room on upper floor because I didn’t like having guests walking along my windows all day.

Generally speaking, I really enjoyed my stay and I’m looking forward my next holidays in Club Med. Thank you to the chef de village Mei PUN POOI and her team in Bintan. Let’s continue like this, you’ve got the right spirit !
Maybe a small improvement: keep the bar on the beach open a bit longer for French people who love to drag out the “aperitif” time :)

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My first time at a Club Med resort after hearing all the rave about the all-inclusive experience in its heyday, and it is disappointing. The resort is dated and rooms feel more like chalets than a resort. Meal options were not fantastic and facilities fail to impress. It is definitely losing its luster and to the many new resorts in the area which offer better value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just back from a great, relaxing week at Club Med Bintan. Our family first went to CM Bintan 2 years ago and we were blown away by the whole experience, particularly the support provided to children through the dedicated activity clubs and the general friendliness and professionalism of all the GOs and GEs. This time we again were very impressed by the support for the kids and the general support across the resort for families. In my opinion the overall food offering went up a couple of notches (and is responsible for 2 belt notch loosenings for me) with the quality of the indonesian/malaysian food alongside the more traditional offerings (french/korean/chinese/japanese). We also went away pretty amazed by the skills of the circus GOs on display in the evening shows. Fantastic overall team helmed by Mei. Great to see Natalie returning to helm the clubs and the kids loved Min, Lindsay and the rest of the club teams (Stella was very sad today). If only I had the commitment to also participate in the exercise classes run by Joey.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We arrived at club Med before the 2pm check in (was just before 12) and even though the hotel was only at 50% capacity our party of 5 (5rooms) had to wait the 2 hours for our " rooms to be ready" . On arrival in our rooms we couldn't have been more disappointed, they were filthy to say the least, stains on sheets, dirty showers, drips down the cupboards, and indescribable marks on the walls- however, on discussing this with the manager we were immediately moved into upgraded and really neat clean rooms which were lovely. The difference was quite remarkable and the manager could not have handled the situation any better. The rest of the stay was great and I highly recommend the day spa. The sat night show/dinner by the pool was hilarious (so tacky you couldn't not laugh) and the meals were great with plenty of variety. We were 5 adults traveling together and Club Med is a great "family" resort, it was obvious the kids had a ball 24/7 giving the mum and dads time to chill by the pool. As 5 adults with no kids, prob not the best selection it's no party house;0) though we certainly had fun. If you are a family looking for a chilled stay, I highly recommend it. If your a couple or group without kids, prob not where you want to go.

kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my first experience in a club med. after hearing such raving reviews, I don't think I would want to go to another after my experience here.

Overall, many people will think it is value for money -- lots of activities, unlimited food, entertainment of children etc.

For me, some quality things would be better.

1. After paying for a massage, no complimentary drink given although one was given before the massage. I had to ask for a drink and then was offered packet water. It's very important to drink some fluid after a massage.
2. When I asked for the dining room nearer to the food place, I was told no and given a further room. I had 3 kids with me and it is easier to get food for them from a nearer table. I saw other people were given the nearer room. Discrimination?
3. There was plenty of food and lots of variety and beautifully presented but quality wise it's not there. Is it standard club med to give variety and quantity over quality?
4. A request to fix something in the room had to be told 4 times before it's done.
5. I tried calling at least 20 times before we came as I had to make some additional changes but each time after 30 seconds of connection, the call died. I thought it was the phone but even after using 2 other phones, it was the same. So how to contact club med?

As I said before, others may find club med fantastic but not to me. No more club med holiday for me.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The resort was a relaxing place to visit. It is good for families as there is always something to do. The service is amazing, but the facilities are starting to get a bit old. The best part of Club Med is the inclusive food, activities and drinks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!