This is my first experience in a club med. after hearing such raving reviews, I don't think I would want to go to another after my experience here.
Overall, many people will think it is value for money -- lots of activities, unlimited food, entertainment of children etc.
For me, some quality things would be better.
1. After paying for a massage, no complimentary drink given although one was given before the massage. I had to ask for a drink and then was offered packet water. It's very important to drink some fluid after a massage.
2. When I asked for the dining room nearer to the food place, I was told no and given a further room. I had 3 kids with me and it is easier to get food for them from a nearer table. I saw other people were given the nearer room. Discrimination?
3. There was plenty of food and lots of variety and beautifully presented but quality wise it's not there. Is it standard club med to give variety and quantity over quality?
4. A request to fix something in the room had to be told 4 times before it's done.
5. I tried calling at least 20 times before we came as I had to make some additional changes but each time after 30 seconds of connection, the call died. I thought it was the phone but even after using 2 other phones, it was the same. So how to contact club med?
As I said before, others may find club med fantastic but not to me. No more club med holiday for me.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan
- Bintan Club Med
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less