Recently stayed at ClubMed Bintan. Had a very relaxing and enjoyable time. The only blot on the landscape were some of the male "GOs", or Gentils Organisateurs (Genteel Organizers) who were basically rude, unfriendly, unapproachable and aloof to any of the paying guests the whole time we were there. Given the time some of these people spent down at the Mata Hari bar you could easily mistake them for guests rather than staff. I can not believe that was the intention. The other "GOs" and resort staff were very attentive and friendly, it is a shame a few peacocks, more concerned about their self image, detracted from the overall excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med