“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Bintan Island
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Thank you Club Med Bintan, Mei and GOTeam for such a beautiful time. I recently took 30 friends and Clients to Club Med Bintan for a seminar/holiday experience. This is my second time to Club Med Bintan (and about the 5th Club Med visit overall) and Bintan was great the first time - this trip was event BETTER. Our group mainly spent 5 nights - I stayed on and was there for a total of 7. Special mention I'd like to make for their 'way above even the GO standard or caring and kindness' to Sally D (Groups Manager) who consistently went out of her way to ensure everything and anything we wanted (even that we hadn't even though of) was there for us and our experience was well beyond impressive - every single person in my group (event the 4 kids) got to know, appreciate and love Sally D for her brilliance (even on her day off). She is truly an example of all that a GO means to me when I visit Club Med. I couldn't have imagined our trip being as good without Sally D being there. Another GO who shares totally in making our trip so wonderful is Michael (Landsports Supervisor). Michael was the GO who escorted me to my room at arrival and from that moment on did anything and everything he could to ensure we had all the help, support and kindness needed to make it a great adventure and amazing holiday. Again - he went out of his way to check in and arrange for our group to be able to enjoy themselves and learn at my seminar without any worrying about arrangements for anything we needed. He's truly another example of all the I hold a GO to stand for.

I didn't get to meet Mei (CDV/GM) in the first few days - there was a lot going on at the time we were there - and am very happy that we connected during the end of my trip as she is lovely and such a pleasure to talk with. She took personal time out to speak with many of my group about their experience and ultimately making it even better in doing so.

Other special mentions need to go to (I hope when you're there these GOs are still there as they make the trip even better). Marco (Entertainment Mgr) for his energy, events and putting me through my paces during the Director skit on stage. Rob (Golf Pro) for great acting during the shows and also for recognising our group around and taking the time to connect and care during the nights - also for making one of our junior Members feel so special and 'grown up' during the Casino night. Josh (Landsports) again for connecting - not just because he's a fellow Aussie - because that's what great GOs do. Bjorn (Golf Pro) for recognising me and a few others from last year and taking the time to connect and make us feel special and appreciated. Chelsea (Circus) for taking time to hang out - connect and support us anytime she could. And of course, all the Team in the Boutique specially Francesca who went out of her way to help one of my Members, way above and beyond the call of duty.

Overall a brilliant trip. The one problem with Club Med is dealing with their country based sales offices - so far, I'v experienced them being so tied up in their own rules and regulations that it makes it hard to choose Club Med. BUT when you get to the Village and have such an incredible experience it makes it worthwhile.

I'm coming back with my third group in a few weeks and already have my 4th and 5th planned for 2014 as well as my birthday party. If you're wondering about Bintan - don't - just go!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Tones of activities for kids n adults. My kids enjoyed themselves with the activities planned for them at the mini club. The GOs are amazing n tales great care of the kids. Every night the performances are fantastic. Show was put up by staff but it was truly very entertaining for adults and children. All staff are very dedicated. At the buffet, Food variety is great n taste is great too. Every day menu changes.

• Stayed September 2013
Ashburton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We recently had 5 nights here and had the most fantastic time. The service was excellent from all team members. The GOs were attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The bed was comfortable and the room clean with efficient servicing. A coat of paint would greatly enhance but in no way detracted from a great holiday. The beach is stunning with an abundance of tropical fish at waist height. The food was great with an impressive selection. We loved the spa and the half day town tour. All the GOs were extremely talented and we enjoyed the shows each night. A special thanks to Andri, Rob, Diana and Piu who made a special effort to ensure we enjoyed our stay. The teamwork is a great credit to Mei and the food to Simon.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had 6 nights at the resort as part of a group. The GO team were just brilliant, Sally D and Michael in particular were always there when we needed them without ever having to ask.nthe food was varied and of good quality and the staff friendly and helpful. In particular Roi went out of his way to look after us.

The only suggestion would be a bit of a spruce up of the accommodation as it is a little tired.

Totally recommended for a chilled out holiday or a fun filled family vacation with everything from sailing to circus school to relaxing massages!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is our 2nd visit to Bintan, Club Med. Our 4th to a Club Med. Even though we were part of a group, Club Med for families is ideal. The staff are always friendly, will do anything they can to make your stay comfortable. We had beach front views, so nice! Our room was pleasant and always kept clean, coming back each day to an array of towel made animals on the kids beds. The GO Team from all around the world are fantastic. Our group worked with Sally D for Groups & Michael, Land Sports and they were happy to help in any way. People with character and a passion for their jobs. Kids Club is great with so many activities like Trapeze, Archery and games. Concerts are a laugh and walk off the beach to feed all the local fish.
The welcome, the stay, and the lovely farewell, that even gave me a tear in the eye. Love Club Med, love the GO Team... we will be back.
Bintan, is an awesome place away from the hustle & bustle.... beautiful location.

Room Tip: Families, interconnecting rooms. Ask for lower levels and facing the gardens & beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We just had 5 nights at the resort as part of a group and had a great time. The resort itself is a little tired and could do with a spruce up. Nothing bad, just a few years old and nothing a fresh coat of paint wouldn't fix. The rooms were comfy and the facilities great.

This was our first time at a Club Med resort and the staff at the resort made it an incredible experience. Right from the welcome upon arrival to the farewell where they lined the driveway to wave us off, nothing was ever too much trouble. The GO team are there to look after the guests and that is exactly what they do, whatever we needed was arranged without any hassle.

I really liked the fact that the GO's mingle with the guests, we were joined for a meal on a few occasions by one of the GO's and it is cool to hear their stories of living and working in the resort as well as finding out about where they are from. There are staff there from all over the world.

The activities were really good, we tried the archery and the trapeze. Both were a lot of fun and made easy and safe by the staff. I also played 9 holes at Ria Bintan which was spectacular. It was easily organised by Rosie form the golf team. The Golf Pros, Bjorn, Rob & Wayan were a lot of fun and great to play golf with and enjoy a drink afterwards at the bar.

The beach is beautiful and safe, the water was warm and inviting. The different bars make it easy to find places to relax and the massages at the spa were amazing.

As we were there with a group, we had organised activities and Sally D, the Groups manager and Michael, the Land Sports manager were both fantastic. It is rare to receive service of the level they provided anywhere in the world.

If you are looking for a relaxing, carefree break, Club Med Bintan is a great option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Since I have been in the tourism industry since the past 10 years, I have always been attracted to and have sold Club Med holidays to many of my clients who wish to go to someplace where they can actually be disconnected from their everyday life. Listening to their feedback and experiences after they returned, only reinforced the fact that I HAVE TO make a trip there myself. Well, the opportunity presented itself and how....I went to the Bintan Island property belonging to Club Med on my honeymoon last year!!

Right from the time we entered and the way we were welcomed and checked in seamlessly to our rooms, I was very clear that this holiday / honeymoon was surely going to be a memorable one. What attracted me most about this place is that everyone right from the General Manager to the housekeeping staff have an infectious smile on their faces and are well informed about anything under the sun about the property. Like review title mentions, it truly is an epitome of the phrase 'Chill Out' because there are no deadlines to waking up, having your breakfast or any meals, doing any activities....it's as if time has no relevance or importance there!

The rooms are bathed in warm and earthy upholstery, have this mild and soothing lemongrass fragrance that instantly relaxes you and most of them face the sea....what else could you ask for? If you are the ones who can eat and drink like bottomless pits, then this is another reason to be here, a huge buffet welcomes you for breakfast, lunch and dinner and you can choose from different cuisines viz. Indian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, fast food, etc. You have not one but three bars open till midnight where you can make like gazelle and drink till you're almost staggering to get to your rooms!!

They also have a lot of activities for everyone from kids to senior citizens eg. swimming, water polo, aerobics, archery, dancing classes, stage performances by kids and the Club Med staff, yoga, spa treatments, etc.

All in all, I would give a double thumbs up to Club Med and certainly come back again albeit to their other properties in other spectacular locations and would strongly recommend this place to anyone looking out to chill and forget the everyday humdrum of life!!!!

Room Tip: Request for rooms with a view of the sea....really calm and peacful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!