Since I have been in the tourism industry since the past 10 years, I have always been attracted to and have sold Club Med holidays to many of my clients who wish to go to someplace where they can actually be disconnected from their everyday life. Listening to their feedback and experiences after they returned, only reinforced the fact that I HAVE TO make a trip there myself. Well, the opportunity presented itself and how....I went to the Bintan Island property belonging to Club Med on my honeymoon last year!!
Right from the time we entered and the way we were welcomed and checked in seamlessly to our rooms, I was very clear that this holiday / honeymoon was surely going to be a memorable one. What attracted me most about this place is that everyone right from the General Manager to the housekeeping staff have an infectious smile on their faces and are well informed about anything under the sun about the property. Like review title mentions, it truly is an epitome of the phrase 'Chill Out' because there are no deadlines to waking up, having your breakfast or any meals, doing any activities....it's as if time has no relevance or importance there!
The rooms are bathed in warm and earthy upholstery, have this mild and soothing lemongrass fragrance that instantly relaxes you and most of them face the sea....what else could you ask for? If you are the ones who can eat and drink like bottomless pits, then this is another reason to be here, a huge buffet welcomes you for breakfast, lunch and dinner and you can choose from different cuisines viz. Indian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, fast food, etc. You have not one but three bars open till midnight where you can make like gazelle and drink till you're almost staggering to get to your rooms!!
They also have a lot of activities for everyone from kids to senior citizens eg. swimming, water polo, aerobics, archery, dancing classes, stage performances by kids and the Club Med staff, yoga, spa treatments, etc.
All in all, I would give a double thumbs up to Club Med and certainly come back again albeit to their other properties in other spectacular locations and would strongly recommend this place to anyone looking out to chill and forget the everyday humdrum of life!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan
- Bintan Club Med
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less