This resort has amazing staff; nothing too much trouble. always with a smile on their face and making you feel welcome. food was great. entertainment was enthusiastic if very variable in quality.
The down sides?
not enough bikes ; only 12 people can go for a ride each day.
if you want to snorkel off the beach, and see the lovely fish, then bring your own mask, as you can't borrow one unless you go on the official snorkelling boat trip.
it rains a lot. it is not possible to go for a walk as there is nowhere to walk to
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med