Overall we had an exceptional holiday. We had 3 family's - 11 in total.
The GO's were exceptional - every single one of them. Our children had a blast in the kids club, they did lots of fun activities, made some lovely friends and adored the staff that looked after them. We felt completely confident that our kids were well looked after and safe.
The activities available for the adults and/or families were great. We were very happy to be able to take part in all the activities and have some time together as couples knowing that the kids were happily enjoying the kids club. It was incredibly relaxing for us.
The food was vast and plentiful. We enjoyed the buffet's and thought that the chefs and cooking team did an exceptional job for the numbers they were catering for. The service in the main restaurant was excellent and the waiting staff were very efficient. (only slight annoying thing was that you had to search for a spoon because they didn't set the tables with them - but, hay, no big deal)
Pool was good. Beach was lovely and the sea was warm.
The not so good:
The standard of the rooms was very poor. Our rooms were incredibly tired and dated, bordering on dirty, and really not up to scratch for the price we paid. It is my understanding that they are in the process of refurbishing the resort and that 1/2 the rooms are done. Just not the ones that we stayed in. (As a side note - the beds were very good, they were comfortable and clean)
The reception staff let the rest of the staff down. They were generally unhelpful.
The spa is overpriced and not good value. We went to the local village and had an amazing massage while my mum stayed at club med and didn't enjoy her experience at all.
However, when we really thought about our time at Club Med Bintan , it didn't matter that our rooms were well below average (we only went there to sleep) and it didn't matter about the other "not so good things" because the good far outweighed the bad.
We loved our time at Club Med Bintan - we would go back and we would definitely go to another Club Med with our family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med