We were two families, three generations each and a total of 17 people. All of us had a fabulous time during our five days stay, despite the downpour that happened every afternoon. We would have been bored to death if not for the resort's ever enthusiastic G.Os and the free flow drinks which even the children enjoyed. Our kids felt very at home, especially after they joined the Mini Club. They knew all the G.O's names (and vice versa) and saw each other several times each day and the G.Os were truly warm who don't just breeze by but stopped to chat with them for a few minutes before moving off. Kids were great fans of Marco, the events manager.
Mei, the General Manager, is always around. I have seen her topping up oranges during breakfast and moving around the club during the day and as with her great and talented team, provided good entertainment at night. Special thanks go out to Ravi, the restaurant manager who helped with booking at the Terrace restaurant, with our big group and birthday celebrations and also trying to sit our families close together, which is not an easy task with the restaurant being very full unless you arrive early.
I would have given the entire experience a full 5 stars rating but felt that three things need to be addressed. Firstly, the rooms are dated, cupboards with chipped wood, chipped toilet doors and dull looking bathrooms. Out of the 7 rooms we collectively had, there were light bulbs, phones and remote controls that were not working. Housekeeping does a great job in coming timely and very obliging toward requests for additional bottled water, change of towels/ bedsheets, it's just the state of the rooms that can't be helped.
Secondly, can't really complain since wifi is complimentary. However, one had to log in several times a day once you are out of the room. The last complaint is about how unfriendly the communication of the day's activities was being carried out. Great if you are hanging out at the public areas, but if you are in the room stuck with a sleeping child or wanting to plan for the activities for the next half of the day, you have to depend on the main channel on the TV and wait for the relevant screen to come up with the day's schedules and timing. Thank god for smartphones, myself and my friend, and I'm sure many other guests, resorted to taking photos of the screen in order to save those information! I can understand if the resort wants to be green and save on printing papers, but at least in this digital age, maybe try to load the schedules/ themes for meals all up on a website? If we are made to login several times a day, I think it will help to direct us after the login to a main page that lists the activities and their timings?
Other than the above, you will really enjoy a stay at the Club Med Bintan. We are beach bums and this beach is one of the best in terms of marine life (snorkel right at the shore) and clarity of the sea and cleanliness of beach. Food-wise, plenty of variety, freshly cooked and kids enjoyed the plastic trays with compartments - very practical! I just wished more information could be disseminated beforehand and timely, such as the need to pack a bag with belongings labelled if your child is going to join the Mini Club. No doubt, our second stay will be more enjoyable now that we know how to 'survive' during our stay at the resort. We have gone to CM Cherating but felt that Bintan offers a more enjoyable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med