If you are new to Club Med here's my top 5 reasons to choose one of their resorts;
1. It's a truly personalised experience. The people who run the resort (GO's) are genuinely interested in knowing who you are and go to great lengths to ensure you have a good time. It's less like being 'served' and more like you're being entertained at their holiday house.
2. There are unlimited options for activities, including lessons, competitions, shows and events. For those who like to be active (adults or kids) this is the perfect holiday choice.
3. You don't have to get involved, socialise or be active if you don't want to. You can relax by the pool/beach and do nothing.
4. There is something for everyone to eat and drink - at any time. No more arguments about someone not liking what's on the menu, or how many soft drinks or cocktails to have in a day.
5. It is all inclusive. No worries about bill shock at the end of your stay, or paying for meals the kids don't eat.
This is my third Club Med holiday (Bali, Malaysia) and Bintan is my favourite so far. My top 5 favourites at Bintan
1. The beach. White sand, crystal clear water and teeming with tropical fish (that can be hand fed).
2. The Spa. Beautifully appointed, incredible staff, great treatments. Check for the daily specials - up to 30% off for two hours or more, plus value packages based on time of day were just a few of the things we took advantage of. My husband and I shared a beautiful ocean view room for 2.5 hours of treatments each and it was only AU$240.
3. The activities. Our kids (13 and 8) regularly disappeared for the whole day, with my son's must do's each day being the lunchtime pool game (water polo, basketball, races) and afternoon beach soccer (squeezed in around archery, circus, swimming, badminton, table tennis, beach games and so much more).
4. The location. 45 minutes by ferry from Singapore (ferry terminal is right near the airport). Perfect for a city and beach holiday without too much time wasted traveling.
5. The staff. Great bunch of people, no hierarchy or handing off responsibility, and despite the long hours always smiling and enjoying what they do. The girl who ran teens club came to farewell my daughter despite it being her one day off for the week - really memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med