It is a pity that the quality of the resort and the service, particularly of the local staff, does not mirror the beautiful setting of the hotel. Having previously stayed at a Club Med Le Cannonier we were incredibly disappointed with the level of service from the local staff at Bintan. Ordering an (alcoholic) drink at dinner became an ordeal and something which should have been offered upon seating at the table. The continuously disappearing teaspoons, which either were never set at the table initially, became a treasure hunt at EVERY meal time and eventually a source of continuous entertainment while on the hunt for one. Coffee machines were generally broken at least 2 out of every 3 days. Restaurant staff should also be advised that sauces are to be placed after serving the dish (and not before) as this creates a queuing problem. There is no ambiance in the Waterfall restaurant with the main area echoing like a large dining hall (no background music) - choose to sit in the room to the left as you enter the main door. Kids food repeats every day with limited choices. Seating areas around the resort are generally uncomfortable and not a place to linger or socialise and are also limited. Rooms are dated and beds and pillows are incredibly uncomfortable. We stayed in a deluxe room so I felt these facilities should have been better. A guest in a club room remarked that his sheets had holes in them! Rooms were very clean, however the restaurant floor was not. The beach and pool facilities are excellent although more umbrellas are needed at the bottom pool. Nightly entertainment was excellent and daily entertainment seemed lively although somewhat repetitive. My kids felt the same with the kids club programme - 3 tie dies in 1 week. Archery every day etc. Overall a quiet resort. A 4 day stay would probably be long enough but I think I would choose a different Club Med, particularly one with more attention to detail!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med