This was our first visit to Club Med and we would definitely go back. As the bus drives down the driveway and many of the staff are in the lobby waving to greet you , you start to wonder what this place is all about. From the moment you step off the bus the staff (mostly called GO's) will go out of their way to try and make your stay at club med the best it can be. As an all inclusive concept you wonder how good the food is going to be and whether or not you will actually like it. Club med certainly surpassed any thoughts or expectations that I had about the food. There was so much food and nearly anything you could think of was available. There was Chinese. Korean, Japanese, Indian, pizza, hot chips, salad, fish, meat, vege's and the list goes on (and on!). Plus, it all tasted very nice. Way too hard to just have 1 course, unfortunate for the waist line!! Great for fussy kids and our baby too as they had a fridge with food just for him. There was activities running pretty much all the time which you could join in if you wanted, or just lounge by the beautiful beach or pool and relax (this could involve sipping cocktails- also included!) our kids had the choice of attending the various kids/mini/petit/teen's clubs for their respective age groups with timetables of activities lined up from about 830am till 830pm, keeping them busy. They also had an evening show they participated in which they found amazing. Besides the kids show one night, every other night they had a professional show put on by the staff that work there. Our family found this great as with young children we would not go out of an evening but when it is at the hotel it was great to stay up and see. Some of the staff are very talented especially the circus team who do various acrobats.
The location of this Club med is very good. There is the beautiful white sandy beach and the lovely blue warm water. But most important for us was it did not take that long to get too. It was only a 45 min ferry ride from Singapore then a 10 min bus ride to the village itself, which is set in well maintained gardens. The rooms are, as some people have mentioned, probably the only thing that might let this place down slightly. They do need to be re done or given a thorough clean. However, given there is so much to do outside the room there is no need to be spending much time there anyway!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med