This is our 2nd trip to Bintan Club Med after 6 years. Our family of 7 (with 14yo, 12yo, 5yo kids & my parents) arrived Bintan at 10am & were glad to hear that our rooms were already ready for check-in (instead of 3pm). Room condition was clean, however the bathroom was without bathtub & separate toilet had no spray jet. We had to keep our doors closed at all times as there were mosquitoes.
The snorkeling trip was not as fulfilling since the water quality was not that good. The water is not as clear and do not expect to see much fishes or corals at the snorkeling spot. Of course this is something beyond Club Med’s control but they have done a great job keeping their side of the beach clean and litter-free. The GOs at the sea sports centre were friendly & helpful. We had only 1 lesson from them & were able to sail on our own.
The food was delicious and definitely a generous spread. The menu is changed daily & a wide variety of freshly baked bread was served. We had a choice of buffet at the main restaurant or ala carte at the terrace restaurant (reservations required). Ambience is nice at the terrace restaurant however mosquitoes can be a pest.
Archery was more fun this time compared to our last visit. The instructor, commonly known as “Jay Chou of Club Med” was friendly & funny. The sports centre is located at the back end of the village, surrounded by jungle so there are plenty of mosquitoes.
The night entertainment shows were well choreographed & the comedy skits never failed to make us laugh out loud.
We had a chance to visit the spa for a traditional massage. The spa room is nicely furnished & apparently every room faces the sea. The massage itself is definitely one of the best.
Thanks to GOs Jayrate, Santi, Marco, Nate & Exec Chef Simon, our stay was made both enjoyable & memorable. The warmth & sincerity of the GOs during the send-off made us feel sad when we bade our goodbyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med