Its my 4th time to CM Bintan and sad to say the experience was not as great as before. Was there 24-26 May for our corporate incentive trip with 23 of my colleagues. The food variety and quality at the main restaurant was bad. The food at the ala carte restaurant was much better but you need to make reservations for dinner.
The bar manager and one of the other bartender tend to pay more attention to selective guests (they are of the same race as my colleagues and I, mind you) and we often had to wait quite awhile to be served. There was even once, an Australian guest observed that the bartender ignored me and served three others who came after me and he told him off. Thanks mate!
On the brighter side, activities were carried out professionally n the disco night where we could dance till 3am was fun. The pilates and body conditioning classes with Chelsea were great. Body conditioning class was real tough. Oh, and if you wanna join the cycling activity, sign up early on the day itself at the sports center at 9am. They only have 3 bikes.
We had the superior seaview rooms at block T and the rooms were comfortable. Rather far from the main area but I didn't mind the walk. I know CM is not about the rooms as we are hardly in there so I don't have high expectations in this area.
The food and overall service needs improvement so I would say this is my worst experience among the CM villages I've been to so far (besides this being my 4th time to bintan, I've also been to phuket and Bali). Unfortunately, based on this latest experience, I'm going to shelf holidays to CM for awhile...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med