We spent a week at Club Med Bintan late April. That was a couple of weeks ago and my kids are still talking about it. How they loved it. How much fun it was. How friendly the staff was. How good the food was...... So, you know what it's like if you're a parent: happy kids, happy parents. Truth is, we adults loved it too! The staff were amazing. They gave 150% of themselves all day and a good portion of the night too. They are what made our Club Med experience truly amazing. And the location was beautiful.
The rooms are.... tired. They need a serious refurbishment. That is the one and only sore point. The only other item that one needs to be aware of is that there is nothing "cultural" to visit on Bintan island. We did the elephant trip just because we had never seen elephants before (other than in zoos, of course), and it was ok.
Coming back to the Club Med positives:
The restaurant was wonderful with food for everyone: Western-stye (pizza, pasta etc.... ) But we especially enjoyed the Japanese, Indonesian, Chinese and Korean. The beach was gorgeous: a beautiful long stretch of fine white sand, warm water, at least 30 degrees C and flat.
The activities were countless and genuinely fun- at every moment of the day, there was something for everyone to do. And if you wanted to just sit and read your book, well you could do that too.
I want to come back to the quality of the staff because I have never experienced such a thing in my life. They were just..... awesome. The overall friendliness of them all. And the shows they put on every evening, just fantastic! The kids club staff was great, and what a show the children put on for us on the last evening!
So overall HERE is a great place for a family vacation.
We're already booking our next Club Med experience....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med