Had started the first day with a good welcome and late breakfast at the terrace from 1040 to 1100 but was caught in the rain. Stuck for an hour+ and finally someone brought an umbrella for us. Checked at the reception if able to check in but was answered with a sarcastic tone telling us check in is at 2pm (as if we dunno that!). We hung around and saw 3 groups came in and were BROUGHT into the room immediately. Tried checking 2nd then 3rd time at 1345 and was about to blow our top (as we had to sleep at the L4 bar and wife was not feeling well.) Only then our so called 'GO' was at the reception so we asked her about the room. She checked with the same sarcastic guy then only allow us to check in. They gave us the room key and told us how to get there on our own. We found out from other guest that they were ushered by a GO'!!!! Sucks man!!! So unlucky :(
Every morning between 8-8.45am, the housekeeping will knock on our door waking us up to do housekeeping. It is quite unusual (actually irritating) for any hotel/resort to do this right?
Cleanliness was poor for me too as we told the housekeeper that there were BLOOD STAINS on the bedsheet/comforter and requested to changed it. When we came back to the room, we realised that he only changed the bedsheet but as for the comforter, he just flip to the inner side instead!
Only Happy thing was since we met a warm and genuine GO' named Edward (Edwardo) who is in charge of water sports. He had taught us how to sail and it was a wonderful experience. He even introduced other guest to us which make our stay a little better. Edward is very friendly and professional.
Overall the service is inconsistent. My spouse feels that the imported GO's (ang mohs) are stuck-up compare to the local/Asian GOs.
We may or may not visit club med Bintan again (definitely not so soon with the bad experience) but if we do, we hope to see Edward again. Edward is definitely an asset to Club med Bintan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med