“Wooo...Wooo!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

Save Saved
You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bintan Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Wooo...Wooo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A great getaway! Just eat and play and sleep! My 5D4N stay passed by at a blink of the eye. There are so many things I have not done yet.
It's hard to tune myself back to reality now.

I went with my wife and 3.5 year old daughter + my good friend's family with 2 kids (1st May - 5th May 2013). This is my friend’s second visit. When I first arrived at Club Med Bintan, I felt a little reserved but after a short while, I felt very much at home.
We stayed in Superior room in E block. The room is much better than I expected. Before my trip, I read some negative reviews on the rooms and got worried. But everything turned out alright, everything in my room worked well, clean and pleasant. Just don't leave sweet foodstuff in your room or ants will come.

The GOs and Village Chief (Miss Mei - I hope I got her name correct) are full of life and energy, they can really impress and they are talented, besides doing their usual work/duty, they have to perform shows and host activities, sing, dance, and yet they are always happy and energetic. That's what makes the village so attractive and lively.

The night shows are fantastic and very entertaining. The acrobat performance is almost world class.
And Miss China contestant (Marco) is very "pretty" too! HAHA.

Food and drinks are great and abundance, good enough for our expectation, we are not fussy eaters. There's always enough variety to keep us eating.... and eating. But the beer is a little too bland.
After the heavy meals, the activities will help burn away the calories.

The pool is great (better than what I saw from the web photos), beach is fantastic with lots of fishes - bring along some white bread to feed them and the fishes will crowd around you.

There's just so much to be said - I can go on and on and on, go and get a feel of the vibe.

...planning for a return trip, hopefully soon....

Room Tip: family with toddlers and babies better get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife, daughter and a close family friend (and their kids) spent 2.5 days at Clubmed Bintan. Was a terrific holiday...great staff who are completely engaged with their guests. Every evening the entertainment was superb and conducted by Clubmed staff (very talented I must add!). The food and drinks were great and the quiet/private beach was marvelous. I enjoyed the Yoga sessions too. The rooms are above average, and can be difficult to get to for those who don't like to walk too much to get to their rooms. Ours were in the 3rd floor of a unit that was sort of distant from the main lobby..overall it is a superb place and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Please ask for rooms that are in level 1 and 2 only and not too far from main lobby!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Caringbah, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My sons and I went for a holiday to Club Med Bintan. We all had a great time my sons are aged 12 and 17 and there was things for all of us to do separately as well as together.

Food was delicious and although Bali was good this was better.

The GO's made the holiday great, especially:

Jemmi - in the boutique, on the dancefloor and doing crazy signs with us. His wide knowledge of his products helped us with purchases in the boutique. He was forever smiling and always helpful, the boys sought him out as he was loads of fun.

Jayrate - archery, Great ability to teach, and encouraged all of us with archery and made tournaments fun, and again became a friend to my sons, again always happy to see us.

Wayan - golf/singer/dancer and always had a smile on his face. It was great to sit at the beach bar at night and listen to his songs. Very professional and would greet us everytime we sat down, to listen to him play, making us feel special, so professional, an asset to Bintan.

Lindsay - kids club, arrived a few days before us to start at Bintan, struck up a conversation with us on our first night there, was helpful friendly and a friend would would seek us out at all occasions and ask us what we had done that day and was always right beside us for crazy signs

Dave - Water sports, arranged a memorable morning to celebrate Anzac day, it had obviously been very well prepared and was a moving thought provoking experience on the beach in Bintan. Again he friendly, helpful and lots of fun

Chelsea- Fitness teacher. She had just arrived and I attended everyone of her yoga classes and she encouraged me to do the Zumba class which was a blast, she lovely outlook on life with was reflected in her classes.

Josh - always entertaining, lots of fun took my sons on a great bike ride, he was the other part of the Anzac presentation, which was fantastic

At the end of our holiday it felt like we were leaving family.

Thanks you Bintan for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

our 4th visit to Club Med Bintan and we were not disappointed. the check in at the airport, after customs was very smooth and quick. as there were 3 of us, Club Med provided a car to whisk us off to the resort without having to wait for the entire bus to be filled up.
although rooms were only ready at 3pm, our room was ready around 12.30pm. the room is spacious with a corner for reading. bed and pillow are comfortable. we had very good rest at night. the bathroom is basic but clean. wifi is available in the room but you have to keep connecting it.
all meals are provided for and plenty of activities for all to enjoy. you can go for all the sea sports and games at sports centre etc or soak in the sun at the beach and read all day. the choice is yours. want to interact with other fellow GMs? then look out for activities organised by GOs. the pool games and aqua-aerobics are a good start.
each service staff at the restaurants are excellent. they are quick to clear the table for the next guests to use and will promptly remove your plates once you are done. you will always return to a clean table ready for your next plate of yummy food. the staff are polite and attentive.
good food too! the chef preparing the special dish of the day called Dody was especially interesting to watch. he had many many plates to prepare but always does it with a smile and makes each plate with special care. you would think he has only 1 dish to prepare a day!
The village chef, Mei made an effort to say hello to all the GMs. she comes round during meal times and when you leave Club Med, urging you to come back quickly. we spoke to her once during our meal and she remembered our names when she bid us farewell.
overall we had a very enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is the first club med experience for me and my hubby and we must say "we are impressed!" We had a great time, from all the food and drinks provided all round, relaxing by the pool, to the entertainment of activities organised by the team. The sand and clear blue sea is almost perfect. The staff were all very friendly and sincere. the last night we went to karaoke and had a fabulous time. This definitely will not be our last club med!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We traveled here in the middle of a visit to family in Singapore. We thought the food was excellent, lovely bakery selection & big choice buffet. We thought the staff were excellent. Always trying to please & being very helpfully. It was February so wet season, but that didn't really spoil it. Although I don't really like shows, each night they put on a show, and it was suitable for all ages & nationalities , and was surprisingly good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We travelled to Club Med Bintan for our 3rd time with another family from Sydney.
Our kids had a blast! We have a 10, 8 and 7 year old who didn't stop from the moment they woke up. It is a great environment for them to have independence and try a whole range of new activities and sports. My son cried when he left and vows to come back and work here.
The food is vast. Will be working off those desserts for a while. Do be prepared however, the rooms and common areas are dated, they are clean but are certainly showing their age. Having said that we weren't in our room except for sleeping and quickly changing for dinner. I never saw our housekeeper but we did love our towel creations and little flowers on the beds.
The beach is beautiful...lovely white sand, clear water, lots of fish to see around the rocks, loved the evening drinks at the beach bar.
What really makes this holiday are the great staff. They were so wonderful to us and our kids...really included and supported them in trying new activities, always joking with them. Special mentions to Leo, the great tennis instructor, Wayan for his fabulous golf tips, Bjorn and Jono for organising our pack for the golf and good guys to be round, Marco and Ara for cracking us up especially in the nightly shows, Rob for his patience with sailing, Jaca always serving around the pool with a smile, Lindsay so kind in the mini club. Mei, the chef de village, was amazing at knowing all the kids names (our girls took a shine to her as she would let them use her special hair softening spray...thank you!)
Just one tip...keep your doors shut...we had a monkey come into our room...nothing a bit of screaming couldn't fix. It is surrounded by rainforest after all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!