This is our 3rd trip to Bintan in April and unfortunately the only trip we took friends also from Australia with us. The resort was very quiet which was lovely but the staff were really lacking in enthusiasm, perhaps tired after the busy easter break. I had told our friends all about the Talent show my daughter had got to go in (not on this time) also the great kids show where she had got to dress up in costumes with her face painted and put on a polished entertainment show but again not done this week. Instead they did a very dismal Bintan's got talent show where any random kid got up. Very disappointing for our firiend's child as we had shown them all our photos of previous two years. Also the beautiful terrace restaurant no longer had a small, but tasty buffet with the yummy grilled chicken, we now had to order of a tiny menu and though we tried it all, nothing was nice except the steak and the sauce too hot for the kids. Kids menu was nuggets only, every day! The pool side snacks also no longer included pastries and fruit that i used to have for breakfast, In fact no breakfast food there at all. The other snacks were carrot and cheese cubes every day, not the previous quality at all. We were also charged for the transfer and first meal which had never happened before. Not a very nice way to start an inclusive holiday.
The staff didn't seem very happy and the new manager seems to have made changes to all the good parts of a club med stay just to save a few bucks.
It is still beautiful and I would return but I hope they return to the previous practices with effort put in to the kids club activities which were terrible this year and return to the old menus for the terrace and pool side.snacks.
The spa ladies were all fabulous
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med