“high potential, however a little tired” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Bintan Island
Sydney, Australia
“high potential, however a little tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great setting, however an effort to get there given you have to fly into Singapore and then do customs all over again to get into Indonesia. Staff are generally v good, however the local staff do have a tendency to say "no" when they don't understand a question - they need to learn to say "i don't know however will find someone who does". Rooms are being refurbised - the newer ones are 4 star, the older are 2 star and very poor (beware). Food is great. Ria Bintan golf course is amazing. Great for kids, no doubt about it

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

we are just back from one week in CLUB MED Bintan and we are extremely satisfied about our holiday there.
The village is extremely good ,the personnel very kind and the GOs extremly active.
for the sports actvities ,special mention for Mr. Leo the tennis teacher and for the whole "circus" team:very professional in what they do and very nice human beings ,too.
The Mini club ,lead by Mr. Otto from Thailand is very good :you can see what kind of passion he puts in organizing the kid's shows.Great guy.
For the "show" time they have a real talent in the person of Mr. Marco Chen from Taiwan :amazing and extremely funny character.

Only a minor negative remarks : they have to fix the mountain bikes which need serious maintenance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Ideal location for a family with kids who love to explore new sports every day! The last day our kids concluded that they had done 17 sport during 7 days. Rooms were very basic, food was excellent but cantine was very noisy- too many people at the same place. I would highly recommend families with children in the age group 6-12 to go here. For couples I would reccomend you to go to a more laid back place

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just got back from the best vacation ever

I would especially like to thanks to The village chief, Michael and his excellent team Ibrahim, Jo Jo , Amy and everyone in petit club and the resort- you guys are incredible
Everyone’s really dedicated warm, welcoming and compassionate. Whatever you wished or asked for, the GO’s & G.E’s team is willing to go the distance to make sure we were completely satisfied.

We got our first room far away from the pools and after some concerns we were immediately offered some alternative free upgrade, any other requests were answered immediately.

The beach and swimming pools is well maintained and very clean, Food and drinks was so amazing with great selection and the quality was faultless, entertainment was good and I want to compliment all the participants for their hard work and all the efforts they made. We cannot say enough about this location as the vibe is marvellous that make the overall experience so memorable. I didn’t mind the music by the pools as we have a 2yrs toddler who sleep at 8ish, so me and my husband just seat outside the balcony listen to the live music which is great

This is a great place for couples, families, and groups. It is clean, super friendly team , and has great service. As it was our first Club Med experience, it was pleasant and we definitely return. Thank you for the wonderful experience and we are already talking about planning another trip

Thank you sooo much as you have made our holiday most memorable.

P/S: First room given to us certainly can do better with some refurbishing

Tips for parents: You can book the Petit Club on arrival, this give you more flexibility to choose the date you prefer instead of the entire stayed

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Three of us booked a triple sharing room at Club Med Bintan for the Good Friday weekend and we had a great time! There were lots of activities to choose from, but so little time, we wished we could have stayed longer!

I wish the service could be improved though. We arrived at the resort on Friday and were told that we could only check in at 2pm. Subsequently, when we checked in at 2pm, there wasnt anyone to guide us to our room. We took quite a while to find our room in block U, which was quite a distance away from the reception. On Saturday I got up early to book a sailing lesson slot. I arrived at the hut about 845am, but seeing that the GOs were busy, I waited around. When one of them came back to the hut at 855am, I asked if I could sign up and was told I could only do so at 9am. Subsequently, a few other people came along. We were all at the counter but somehow even though I arrived first, I was served last. Luckily I managed to get the slot I want, else it would have ruined my mood for the day. It was, after all, quite hard to book a slot for sailing as there were only 2 boats available.

Other than that, we pretty much enjoyed the activities at the resort. :) And oh, my 2 friends were mortified to find cockroaches crawling out from the yoga mats, perhaps the mats could do with some cleaning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed in Club Med Bintan with a group of friends of about 30 people, and we had a great time in the hotel!

We tried many different sports such as kayaking, tennis, soccer, basketball, windsurfing, and sailing over the 5 days there.. There were no lack of activities as there were so many varieties of sports we could try..

The staff there are always friendly and engaging, and always put a smile on their faces..

THE BEST EXPERIENCE was with our TENNIS INSTRUCTOR, LEO!

He volunteered to coach us tennis out of his schedule and he will always crack jokes and is very very encouraging to us.. During a hot sunny day, he will also be there to cheer us on to continue practicing.. As we have only just begun learning tennis, we thought it will not be easy to pick up.. However Leo made it easy for us to learn all the techniques and the postures required, and gave us the confidence that we can do it.. (This is what you need in a coach!!)

If you go to Club Med Bintan, you have got to look for LEO!!

HE IS THE BEST!

So happy with my trip in Bintan Club Med, and will definitely be back if I have the chance to!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Here is a horrible experience /suggestions I would like to share for my trip to your resort for the period of 16-20 Mar 2013 at room # 1011.

I went to the trip with my 3 years girl & husband. They assigned me a room when we arrived the ferry terminal which is near to the pool & bar area (only 1 min away), it's very convenient, but the worst thing was they have nightly show at 9:00pm then follow by after show 10-11pm. Or a tuesday pool/ bar party at 10-12 mid-night. I cannot accept the noise that I had to listen to the live music / comedy even if didn’t want to. The windows inside the room were not soundproof at all. The child bed was however, arranged next to the window.

Dear Resort Manager - Mike, please try to stay at room 1101 when the pool party is on see if u can "sleep" or even "rest" or read a book.

To front desk G.O., I suggest NOT TO assign a room to the family that's right next to the pool / bar area. That's a very unconsidered arrangement. Pls assign those room to the "teenagers, couples, or ppl like to hv nightly party! Or pls check with guest preference before assigning rooms.

Furthermore, the bed sheet / pillow case / quilt cover had the moldy smell that i can't stand. What kind of detergent powder have the resort use? Or the resort is too environmental friendly to use detergent powder at all?

Eventhough most of the G.O. were very friendly and smily at all times, pool was clear and beach is clean...but I just cannot accept the moldy smell sheet and music at midnight.

I'd rather stay home to have a better sleeping quality (no extra household expense needed) then to come here and sleep a few hrs and join the activities... It has no fun for me if I was not able to sleep whenever in a 4-star all inclusive resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!