“Excellent resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Bintan Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at club med Bintan for 3D2N for the first time - we booked an all inclusive package which was about 600 SGD including ferry,2 night stay, food & drinks. I thought it was a good deal considering club med is one of the higher end resorts. I was extremely happy with my stay there and enjoyed the club med experience. The GO's (including the GM - Mike) make such a huge difference to the entire experience. We were not very happy with our room initially and we met some GO's during lunch and as soon as they heard that we weren't satisfied with our room Ibra (one of the GO's who joined us for lunch) arranged a free upgrade for us. The GM, Mike sent a note to our new room and later on met us personally to check if everything was okay. That kind of customer service goes a long way.

On the resort itself - I think it was more or less okay which areas of improvement. Like the TV sets in the rooms were small and outdated - those could be changed to bigger/newer sets. Also the property does need a bit of revamp considering it's been around for such a long time.

Food - their buffets were good but nothing special. I personally can eat that kinda buffet for maybe 2-3 days but frankly on the last day we were really sick of the food at the resort - it was just too much but again I think thats a natural reaction to buffets if you are having one for every meal.

Overall I think its a great resort - something for everyone. Good sports facilities which are open 24/7 - lots and lots of activities for kids and just in general there is always something going on. I do like the buzz in the resort - it is a great place for families with kids but having said that I think it is also a good place for couples to go and relax (if you dont mind kids running around) :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This Feb., I had an excellent experience in Club Med Bintan Island, especially the warm and professional service from the G. O team. The scene there is also excellent, it made me very relax. Moreover, I like their cocktail and food. They give us so many funs, and we our family will go there again.

Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Pros
1. Adequate of food and drink
2. Activities are interesting. I like the pool games and aqua aerobics
3. The snack provided near the poolside was good.

Cons
1. With the amount of money you paid, I am sure you can get something more decent in Phuket or Thailand !
2. The room was terrible. Very old. If u used to choose shangri-la or Marriott or Sheraton or any 4 stars or above hotels for vacation, don't pick this club med! Don't pick this club med! You cannot stand the dirt and worn out conditions. Examples: rusty lights (all metals accessories are rusty with spider web) , only barely warm water for shower, malfunction toilet bowl ( with poo coming out into the room when stuck and had to wait for an hour for someone to fix it!) unbelievable! It's like a campsite not a resort.
3. the food. If u only care about quantity not quality, that's ok for you. The food was not cooked with "heart". What I mean is with the ingredients, they can probably do a better job if they want to, even without seafood. The food gives u a feeling that they just want you to feed u and they don't want to bother. Once I had a laksa in terrace restaurant. No soup at all, it's just a bowl of broken noodles with a spoon of satin fish. It's Indonesia ! My god! The fruit juice provided is very very dilute. I only saw fresh orange juice on 15/2 during breakfast. I could not get anymore fresh orange juice after that day. I don't know why.
4. If you insist to go , don't go during monsoon season. No sailing, kayaking or snorkeling.
5. GOs, ok, I have read lots of reviews about GOs, they are ok, some are friendly and willing to help, but some just have a long face all the times. Not impressive. Not worth the money for this kind of hospitality too.

As a conclusion, I am not satisfy with what I got for the money I paid. As a couple who didn't drink, it was a very wrong decision to go to club med.
I am not a picky person, see my two other reviews. This club med is just a bit disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the first time I brought my 11 yo boy to ClubMed Bintan together with another Chinese family for holiday. We are very happy and would like to extend a big thanks to the GOs team and staff, the whole team will make you feel comfortable and smile everywhere they see you. Thanks to Sheila (who make us feel so welcoming and warm on the first day of arrival). Wayan and Jono (Golf instructor, who has been very patient and professional). Jemmi (Soccer and Biking, very creative artist and fun to be with), Leo and Jayrate (Tennis and Archery, taking the extra mile to satisfy our needs even it's a raining day), Simon, Tam Tam, Shine, Oliver and Ren (F&B, take good care of our stomach).

It has been a wonderful time for us, the GM Mike and his team members has giving an excellent service to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. However, if you are a water sport lover, try avoid this season as we miss all the water sport activities this trip, but it also means that we will be back again!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

"Thank u" is far not enough to express my appreciation to the G.O. Team here, event manager,Sally, and village manager, Mike.

This is our fourth time in Club Med in last three years because of nice resort, service ( food/ activities) and Mini /Kids Club programs especially the Big Kids Show that my 8 years girl enjoyed the most.

Before we came we had calls and several emails exchanged with Sally,Event Manager, for the date of Show that we were booking the air tickets and rooms here. End up and luckily, this week Kids Show was arranged during our Stay that my daughter had great chance to perform on the stage and also acted as MC,how amazing and unique experience to her for growth.

Village manager ,Mike,also happened knowing my daughter's birthday is coming in 10 days that arranged Surprised Birthday Cake celebration to her during our last stay lunch time.How luck and service that team provided here.

Last but not least, I also appreciated Rob from Sports team lending me his own adapter after we checking out, Nick from Bar team taking us to the room,when we just landed., Simon ,chief chef, made nice food for us, especially Kids Club G.O., u all made our Stay as fabulous and memorable vacation.

We are fans of Club Med. We are back again!!!!!

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great for a family holiday.

Each one of the GO's went to so much effort in all their dealings with us and in particular with the children. We can honestly say that it was the GO team that turned it from being a fantastic holiday to a truly magical and unforgettable experience.. The GO's attended to our needs as well as the children's. Nothing was ever too much trouble.

There is so much to do, both parents and and children can be occupied from 9:00am - 10:00pm at night. You can do as much or as little as you wish. There is always somthing going on. The shows in the evening are great.

From the maintenance staff, kitchen staff to the GO's we could see everyone take pride in their job and were so friendly and courteous all in our dealings with them.

Mini Club team were terrific. We can't speak highly enough of them and how they looked after the kids .Otto,Sally,Farjar,Yuki,Sun,Ruzi,Keke,Jaya,Arbi and Stephanie.

The fantastic Boutique team lead by Masumi, nothing was ever too much trouble. Tarik and his circus team who were great with the kids! The reception team were always very pleasant to deal with.

Special thanks to the amazing GO's Ara,Suna,Marco, Daud, Ibra,Shira,Rob, Nik, Wayan,Arielle,Eric,Johnno,Bjorn,Josh, Sukasa,Jaya, Jayarate, Leo and JP as well as Mike - CDV who does a great job leading the team.

Our family was involved in the shows, which was so much fun.

The kids were crying when we left.

We will defintely be back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We just came back from few days in Club Med Bintan and simply want to go back. Kids had their "best holiday" dixit. And when kids are happy... parents are super happy! The GOs are all great with a special mention to the sweet Stéphanie, Fajar and Kéké from the mini club, Tarik, jeff, Louis and Ashley (brilliant and very professional team!) at the Trapeze, Olivier and Sarish at the bar, JP at the archery, Sierra at the shop and the bubbly Arielle at the reception. And I forgot all the soccer and volleyball players, and Eric, and Steph and … too many dedicated and talented people.
An International team of GOs to please International GMs and it works every night. Food was very good and diverse. Rooms are spacious but would benefit from a refreshing work, but that’s true at the end you don’t spend much time in your room.
Very happy with our stay and would definitely go back, hopefully soon ….
Pascal, Thomas, Lucas & Sophie

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!