Just gotten back from a week's stay at the Club Med Bintan with my wife & kids. Initially I was a little concerned over some of the negative feedbacks (that I've read here) commenting on the lousy food, run-down rooms facilities etc.
However, our experience were rather positive. The rooms & facilities were in acceptable conditions (some renovation would be an added enhancement). Housekeeping has done a great job in keeping our rooms tidy & clean with nice flower decorations and the daily introduction of cute animals (folded out of towels) in the kids' room (my children simply love them).
In terms of F&B, there were never a shortfall of it. While not class leading (in comparison to top notch restaurants etc.), I must say that the chefs have put in much effort to introduce varieties into the daily buffet spread. The ambience at the Terrence restaurant was great for dinner, perhaps just a tad too dim for the liking.
From the service quality perspective, there is no other word to describe it except excellent. Mike and his GO team has done a superb job to make us feel relax & welcome. The kids really enjoyed the activities organised by the Mini Club Med with the friendly & caring GOs (Sally, Sun, Otto, Mado & gang, you guys were just great).
My wife enjoyed the spa totally, its ambience, deco & massage were just great and relaxing to smoothen out the muscles after all the fun at the beach, archery, trapeze, yoga & water aerobics sessions etc. Personally, I've enjoyed the 9-hole golf game organised by the golf team. It was great fun, nice course, great game ! (Bjorn & Jono, thks).
On a whole, we have truly enjoyed our holiday at the Club Med Bintan. There were many activities that one could participate in, be it as a family, couple or solo.
Once again, my appreciation to Mike & his team ! Kudos !
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan
- Bintan Club Med
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.