Just gotten back from a week's stay at the Club Med Bintan with my wife & kids. Initially I was a little concerned over some of the negative feedbacks (that I've read here) commenting on the lousy food, run-down rooms facilities etc.
However, our experience were rather positive. The rooms & facilities were in acceptable conditions (some renovation would be an added enhancement). Housekeeping has done a great job in keeping our rooms tidy & clean with nice flower decorations and the daily introduction of cute animals (folded out of towels) in the kids' room (my children simply love them).
In terms of F&B, there were never a shortfall of it. While not class leading (in comparison to top notch restaurants etc.), I must say that the chefs have put in much effort to introduce varieties into the daily buffet spread. The ambience at the Terrence restaurant was great for dinner, perhaps just a tad too dim for the liking.
From the service quality perspective, there is no other word to describe it except excellent. Mike and his GO team has done a superb job to make us feel relax & welcome. The kids really enjoyed the activities organised by the Mini Club Med with the friendly & caring GOs (Sally, Sun, Otto, Mado & gang, you guys were just great).
My wife enjoyed the spa totally, its ambience, deco & massage were just great and relaxing to smoothen out the muscles after all the fun at the beach, archery, trapeze, yoga & water aerobics sessions etc. Personally, I've enjoyed the 9-hole golf game organised by the golf team. It was great fun, nice course, great game ! (Bjorn & Jono, thks).
On a whole, we have truly enjoyed our holiday at the Club Med Bintan. There were many activities that one could participate in, be it as a family, couple or solo.
Once again, my appreciation to Mike & his team ! Kudos !
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan
- Bintan Club Med
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less