A lot has been said about this property regarding the quality and other aspects and if you are travelling with family and kids you would find some of the reviews too biased on the negative side. I am highlighting some positive and negative points with a hope that some action gets taken on my suggestions
1. We were pleasantly surprised by the courtiesness of the staff right from the GOs to even the housekeeping staff. My kids had a fantastic time at the kids club. Clearly it will be a disservice to others if I mention just a few names, but our experience was that every individual there was very attentive and this made our stay very pleasant. Of the many negatives that this resort may have, the courtiesness and the energy of the staff just wipes most of this away.
2. Food quality is average at best so if your re a foodie with very high standard for food then you should avoid this place. Very little variety for vegetarian guests. Overall food preparation is on the oily side. Morning breakfast - it would help if they have the eggs made to order rather than producing a whole lot of extremely oily omelettes. We had eggs to order on one of the mornings and it was way better than other days.
3. The location and the private beach is excellent. No fault there.
4. Quality of rooms: if you want excellent quality, better stay at Banyan Tree but we were happy with what we had. Anyway we prefer to have a separate room for the kids and for reasons like this we find the clubbed option very affordable. Room cleanliness leaves a big void to be filled.
5. Activities at the club: There is a bunch of it and in our 5 days there we could not try all of them. Remember that you are not at a professional sports academy and enjoY this as a holiday destination.
I will not hesitate to recommend this to my friends with family. There may be better options for others around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med