We stayed for 5 days. The environment and beach is relaxing and clean; most of the GOs made you feel really welcomed and were very helpful and freindly lot; and food on most days are great. We appreciated that they took pains to change the menu so that we don't feel bored. We had a pool side dinner which we understood was done when occupancy rate is low and it was really lovely. The trapeze was a great experience but some courage is needed to take the plunge!
The areas that need improvements :
(1) The rope with plastic anchor buoys in the swimming pool emits a bad chemical smell. I beleived under the sorching sun and water, the plastic is slowly disintegrating and emiting the toxic smell.
(2) There are kids around so a non-smoking rule should be implemented. In particular, I could not understand why the area around the pool allows people to smoke.
(3) My kid is 10 years old and knows how to swim. On one occassion, I was approached by the lifeguard who told me that I should not allow my kid in the pool unless she was being supervised by an adult. I said I was not told, furthermore, my kid could swim well. He insisted that that was the rules and pointed at a board which I did not even noticed. I re-iterated my kid could swim well and furthermore, if she runs into diffculty, that was exactly what he was for! He said he could not just watch over my kid. I told him "Excuse me, but there are less than 5 kids in the pool!"
(4) We did not sleep well on the first night as there were many mosquitoes in the room. I had to wake up three times in the night to kill 3 fat-with-blood mosquites. However, the situation improved after we took pains to kill all the mosquitoes in the room in the day and also stuff towel under the front door to prevent mosquitoes to come in. I did feedback the situation to the reception on the second day so I'm not sure was it because they did something or it was due to our measures that there were no further mosquitoes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island of Bintan to the south of Singapore is full of history, marked by fallen empires. Its tranquil bays were long used by the Orang Laut pirates as a refuge. This is where Club Med Bintan Island, a haven of tranquility and refinement combining modernity with Asian tradition, now nestles. From the terrace of the Bar, feast your eyes on the mass of lapis-lazuli blue, mother of pearl and emerald, from the pool to the lush gardens. Nearby, Ria Bintan Golf Course is also a golfer's heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Bintan Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan
- Club Med Bintan Island Riau Islands
- Bintan Club Med