“Excellent weekend break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Bintan Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent weekend break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just back today from a 5D/4N break and we had the best time ever. Living in Singapore, reaching Club Med was hassle free and from our arrival at the Ferry Terminal in Bintan to our departure all the check in and check out has been taken care very smoothly and we did not have to worry about anything. The huge plus for us was the Petit Club where we had left our 2-year old for a couple of half days which has given us the luxury to relax 'peacefully' on sun loungers or take part to some of the activities proposed. The staff taking care of the kids was very dedicated, professional and energetic - they were also so lovely with our daughter. I would not hesitate a second to leave her again with them. It is a real win- win for both parents and child who get entertained and taken care of. The other real plus was the gastronomic buffet - an absolute delight 3 times a day. Amazing cooking and great service. To top it up, we found the entire staff GO/admin/cleaning service really nice and smiley with everyone, you can argue this is there job, but I don't think you can force yourself day after day after day - they seems really genuinely happy to be there and 'looking after us'. In a nutshell, we had a first great experience at Club Med Bintan and I am already looking forward to our next stay in this peaceful paradise,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband, 2 kids (5 & 7) and myself arrived at Club Med on the 29th September where we stayed for 5 nights. I had heard that once you go to club med you will never want to stay anywhere else, so as you can imagine i thought it would be unreal.

We arrived at club med and it was such a great welcome by all the GO's. The biggest disappointment came when they took us to our room located in U Block, and we walked in and it was awful. Grout in the bathroom not complete the toilet nearly overflowed after the first use (it eventually did overflow which was gross in our next room), the doors didnt lock properly with gaps in it, telephone's didnt work, chips out of the furniture, dirt on walls and powerpoints that surely could come off with a little scrubbing, so old and dated that we were disgusted especially after staying 5 nights at Rasa Resort Shangri-La Sentosa Island. We complained about the room and was moved from U block to E block which was marginally better.

The other thing that was really disapppointing was that we had asked if anything was open to get our kids some food who were starving and we were told no and had to wait another 2 hours before dinner was open as they have no room service. We were not impressed and when we voiced our opinions they kindly (finally) went and got the kids some bread and fruit.

We met a great couple a few days after we had arrived that had told us that club med is not about the rooms its all about the experience and once we accepted that we enjoyed it more.

The daily activities were fantastic as to the shows at night which our daughter looked forward too. Daily buffet for breakfast lunch and dinner was also fantastic and the kids loved it with so much variety.

The GO's were great with the kids and would always walk by and hi-5 them and talk to them which made them feel very special. Our 5 year old son cried when we had to leave as he is so sports orientated he was missing it already.

My only negative comment is that the rooms seriously need to be upgraded as when you have young kids who dont like kids club and get exhausted from all day activities its nice to be able to go back to a lovely room and relax instead of a dated and dirty room.

Surely with the cost involved in to stay there they could upgrade it and close bit by bit to make it newer. If the rooms were much better, i would certainly return.

Room Tip: Interconnecting Superior Room is anything but superior, basically its a room. Dont count on modern...
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the most impressive resort in Bintan. I have just come back from Bintan and I was impressed. There was always something to do and I already want to go back. This is a great Resort for families and it had an awesome beach. I was also very impressed with the service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I was asked by GOs of the resort if we had fine holiday there, I said no, actually I had my best vacation there. Kind GOs, plenty outdoor activities, fine food.. lots more, made all of family feel great about the trip. Gox, Linda, Rob, Bjon.. lots of GOs I cannot remember their names, they gave my wife, my kids and me a wonderful vacation. Thanks them. I will join Med Club again.Suer.

Room Tip: don't expect red carpet, it locates in tropic zone.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

6 months ago, I and my wife went for our wedding anniversary at Club Med Maldives. We were so impressed with the whole Club Med experience, so much so that upon our return to Singapore, we immediately booked ourselves another trip but this time round, to Club Med Bintan for a 5D4N stay in end Sep 2012. Indeed, we did not regret our choice at all…

In the same tune with most of the reviewers here, the GOs and staff at Club Med Bintan were friendly to all the guests. They always had a ready smile and a helping hand ready for all of us guests. The latter was especially true when my wife had a minor fracture on her feet when walking down a flight of stairs. The GOs immediately rendered her much assistance and provided my wife with some plasters and an ice pack. However, a small issue which I fail to comprehend is that apparently, Club Med charges guests for bandages. Shouldn’t such basic first aid be provided free for injured guests when accidents happen in their premises?

Like in Club Med Maldives, there’s always activities which we can occupy ourselves with in the likes of land and water sports. The nightly show performances and the daily “crazy signs” were always something that both of us looked forward to eagerly every day. Time seems to pass very fast with such fruitful and eventful days... Now that I’m back in Singapore, I still miss some of the GOs as well as the newly acquainted resort guests there, and not forgetting the vibrancy of the place.

However, we do have a bit of issue with the room housekeeping services. When we first checked in to our room, the bed sheet was sandy. As the days goes by, the toilet rolls, the tissues in the tissue box, the toothbrush/toothpaste, the small water bottles, all were not topped up nightly. On our 3rd day, we had to call the reception to request for such top up. In this particular aspect, I had to admit Club Med Maldives shone much brighter than Club Med Bintan.

Regardless of some of the service lapses, I and my wife have definitely no qualms on giving Club Med Bintan the thumbs up and our recommendation to any of you whom are deciding to go there or not. It is definitely a place for couples, and more so for families with kids especially. With so many of the fellow reviewers’ positive acknowledgements here, you can’t go wrong…

Room Tip: We stayed in Block C with a sea facing view, which is one of the furthest block away from the main a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely resort and, in my opinion, does not deserve such negative comments. We went with our children (4 and 6) to spend some time with my parents and my sister's family. Our rooms are clean, air-conditioned, and beautifully done up every day. We had 2 interconnecting rooms which gave us plenty of space. Sure the balcony was humid and has the usual tropical insects, but inside the rooms we were very comfortable.

We enjoyed great food with good varieties. By the 3rd day of our stay, the restaurant just automatically reserves a table for 10 for us every meal. Kids club does take the children to lots of activities, like sports, swimming, beach, but it's not hard to find where they are.

Overall it was a great experience. The team obviously strive for a very high standard and should be proud of their efforts.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been to about 25+ club meds around the world in the last 22 years.
We are a family of 5 and stayed there for one week.
This is clearly the best Club Med because of:
-the superb beach and location, with a calm sea (April to October), clear waters and a fine sand;
-the great food for all tastes;
-the enthusiasm and professionalism of the GO.

The hotel, inspite beeing in generaly good condition needs some repairs, specially the room windows that are made of wood and do not close properly.

But in the end it is the ideal place if you want to rest and escape from the world.

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!