“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

Save Saved
You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #3 of 27 hotels in Bintan Island
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the most impressive resort in Bintan. I have just come back from Bintan and I was impressed. There was always something to do and I already want to go back. This is a great Resort for families and it had an awesome beach. I was also very impressed with the service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1,378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I was asked by GOs of the resort if we had fine holiday there, I said no, actually I had my best vacation there. Kind GOs, plenty outdoor activities, fine food.. lots more, made all of family feel great about the trip. Gox, Linda, Rob, Bjon.. lots of GOs I cannot remember their names, they gave my wife, my kids and me a wonderful vacation. Thanks them. I will join Med Club again.Suer.

Room Tip: don't expect red carpet, it locates in tropic zone.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

6 months ago, I and my wife went for our wedding anniversary at Club Med Maldives. We were so impressed with the whole Club Med experience, so much so that upon our return to Singapore, we immediately booked ourselves another trip but this time round, to Club Med Bintan for a 5D4N stay in end Sep 2012. Indeed, we did not regret our choice at all…

In the same tune with most of the reviewers here, the GOs and staff at Club Med Bintan were friendly to all the guests. They always had a ready smile and a helping hand ready for all of us guests. The latter was especially true when my wife had a minor fracture on her feet when walking down a flight of stairs. The GOs immediately rendered her much assistance and provided my wife with some plasters and an ice pack. However, a small issue which I fail to comprehend is that apparently, Club Med charges guests for bandages. Shouldn’t such basic first aid be provided free for injured guests when accidents happen in their premises?

Like in Club Med Maldives, there’s always activities which we can occupy ourselves with in the likes of land and water sports. The nightly show performances and the daily “crazy signs” were always something that both of us looked forward to eagerly every day. Time seems to pass very fast with such fruitful and eventful days... Now that I’m back in Singapore, I still miss some of the GOs as well as the newly acquainted resort guests there, and not forgetting the vibrancy of the place.

However, we do have a bit of issue with the room housekeeping services. When we first checked in to our room, the bed sheet was sandy. As the days goes by, the toilet rolls, the tissues in the tissue box, the toothbrush/toothpaste, the small water bottles, all were not topped up nightly. On our 3rd day, we had to call the reception to request for such top up. In this particular aspect, I had to admit Club Med Maldives shone much brighter than Club Med Bintan.

Regardless of some of the service lapses, I and my wife have definitely no qualms on giving Club Med Bintan the thumbs up and our recommendation to any of you whom are deciding to go there or not. It is definitely a place for couples, and more so for families with kids especially. With so many of the fellow reviewers’ positive acknowledgements here, you can’t go wrong…

Room Tip: We stayed in Block C with a sea facing view, which is one of the furthest block away from the main a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely resort and, in my opinion, does not deserve such negative comments. We went with our children (4 and 6) to spend some time with my parents and my sister's family. Our rooms are clean, air-conditioned, and beautifully done up every day. We had 2 interconnecting rooms which gave us plenty of space. Sure the balcony was humid and has the usual tropical insects, but inside the rooms we were very comfortable.

We enjoyed great food with good varieties. By the 3rd day of our stay, the restaurant just automatically reserves a table for 10 for us every meal. Kids club does take the children to lots of activities, like sports, swimming, beach, but it's not hard to find where they are.

Overall it was a great experience. The team obviously strive for a very high standard and should be proud of their efforts.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been to about 25+ club meds around the world in the last 22 years.
We are a family of 5 and stayed there for one week.
This is clearly the best Club Med because of:
-the superb beach and location, with a calm sea (April to October), clear waters and a fine sand;
-the great food for all tastes;
-the enthusiasm and professionalism of the GO.

The hotel, inspite beeing in generaly good condition needs some repairs, specially the room windows that are made of wood and do not close properly.

But in the end it is the ideal place if you want to rest and escape from the world.

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
seoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

It's 3 months ago, already? nowadays, our children missing for Bintan resort. Somteimes my daughter said " what time is of Bintan? what are they doing? maybe pool sports?"Like this.....
Our sons and daughter really enjoys teen's club.We have been visited 4 another clubmed. But bintan club med is best than another. Everyday's program were fun and exciting. Especially we could not forget after show. Our vacation of this summer is best because bintan club med.Thank you for all G.Os. Say to hello from Alex Oh.Burt and Tinna.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Timaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Club Med Bintan Island exceeded our expectations for our family holiday. We took our 2 preschool daughters and had the BEST 10 day holiday ever. The staff were fantastically friendly, caring, attentive and helpful - from the GOs to the restaurant staff and groundskeepers. There was plenty to do for everyone, the food was delicious and plentiful. The kids felt very welcome and safe. The Mini and Petit Club GOs are brilliant at entertaining and caring for their charges. Special thanks to Mado, who won our daughter's heart. The environment is beautiful, clean, and well cared for. Our thanks to the team at Club Med Bintan Is for making this a truly wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: 'R' Block ground floor is ideal for families with small children as is close to all amenitie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!