“Excellent, as usual.” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 1 sites
Save Saved
You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bintan Island
“Excellent, as usual.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Spent 4nights at Club Med Bintan and this is our third visit to the resort! We enjoyed it so much we've been coming back so often. Our last visit was only in March this year :) so that's how much we love Club Med Bintan.

We left our kids at the petit club for half of the first day only, as we started feeling 'lost' without them. Despite having our kids with us for the rest of the 4 days (and not being able to join in the activities), we had a relaxing holiday, just enjoying the beautiful beach and pool everyday. The shows at night were spectacular! My 3YO son was doing the Justin Bieber 'Baby' dance back in the room and still hung up on the song and dance when we return home.

Our room was in block A, which is the closest to the main area and facing the coconut garden where activities are held in the afternoon. So it tends to be noisy but that's alright with us as we enjoyed the convenience of the location.

The GOs played a huge part in making the stay wonderful, with their bright smiles everyday and talented performances. Merlin certainly was an excellent role model to her team, greeting the guests everywhere she goes and yes, she seems to be everywhere! Thumbs up to all the GOs.....Ghazzo, Eng, Psyche, Clayton, Coco, Gid, Ben, Eva, Shun (my 3YO son laughs whenever you perform)........

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I need to said GO in Club Med Ria Bintan are the best. I was traveling with my wife and a 20 months old daughter. My daughter was taking care in everywhere by GO, and I had no worry when I handed my daughter to them. They are expert of taking care us as a whole.

I will recommend family who are planning to travel with their children to stay in Club Med.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is our first experience at a Club Med, after all we heard so much good of Club Med and i must say it is a very good all inclusive holiday.

This is also the first time we gone on a holi with my in-laws, so it is 3 rooms for 4 adults and 2 young children for a 5 day 4 nights stay.

We took a 45 minutes ferry ride from Tanah Merah. After we arrived and got passed the indonesian custom the club med reception is on the left side along a the row of shops.

We got our room keys and directed us to the waiting coach. You will arrive at the resort 15 minutes later. They will managed your bags and bring them all the way and place it outside your room.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are inclusive and the wide spread of food is FANTASTIC. You will be fed like a KING!

We did get 3 rooms next to each other (with 2 connecting) and all sea facing. Nice clean room with AC and a ceiling fan. No need for mosquito net as we did not experience any in the room.
Overall it is great and will likely plan for a return visit.

Here are some tips

The Good.
- Great food, great activity for the children. Very safe.
- Very friendly GO and all the staff at the resturant.
- Location is near to Singapore so it is easy to get in and out
- Private Beach, great for kids to play on while you relax on the Matahari Bar
- Price is great if you get the promotion during NANTAS fair
- Terrace food is great and a must try. We had Salmon, Teriyaki Chicken, Tenderloin as main course and is Ala Carte buffet. Reservation a must druing breakfast time.
- trapeze for the kids is a must and please be early as there is always a queue.
- Merlin (the GM) is an excellent host and attentive & will make sure your needs are attended to.

The Bad
- Avoid going during December as it is monsoon. The sea is rough so all the sea sports is suspended
- The passage way to the Terrace (for dinner) is slippery and dark. My wife and I slip off the stairs and was fortunate not to get injured. Luckly not carrying my 4 year old. We also heard that an elderly lady fell at the same spot in the morning with a head injury and a bruised eye.
- Not much to for the adults on rainy days.
- No late Hour bar or snack
- Avoid returning to Singapore at about 5pm as it is peak period. Even if you get pass the custom quickly, getting a Taxi is difficult for the usual shift changing time is from 5 to 6 pm.

The not so good
- Was rudely brushed off by a GO (Canadian) on the first day but service recovery by Merlin and Aaron. Reason is he is not familiar with Asian culture. Still cannot understand why we have to wait for 20 minutes to be orientated when there is 6 GO chating away and certainly do not believe there is room to be rude.
Apart from that single odd ball experience, the rest of the GO are fantastic
- If you like to extend for another day, you will be disappointed with the price. Do your booking before you get there.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms is a must.
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My wife & I travelled here for the 1st pat of our honeymoon. When we got to the resort, we were warmly greeted by about 6 of the staff including Chef de Village, Merlin. The staff made us feel like family from the time we got there. When we got to our room, the bed was specially made into a loveheart & included flowers. Also, the towel animals placed in the room most days were always interesting to look at.

The staff at Club Med clearly love their job. Everyone that worked there constantly had a smile on their face and couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable. The food at the resort was great although it did take a little while to get used to the different flavours compared to Australia.

The shows that the staff put on every night are great. Shows that we enjoyed the most were, "Just for fun", MJ Show & the trapeze show over the pool was amazing. It's great that the staff find the time to train to entertain the guests after doing a long day at work.

We had fun going through the cocktail list over a few hours. It was great going through the cocktail list while sitting by the pool and watching the day go by. There's plenty of activities to do while you're there and my favourite was being on the trapeze. A big thanks to Rachael & Jen (fellow Aussies) who showed heaps of patience with showing an unco-ordinated man how to swing on the trapeze.

Bintan Island is a great getaway and for golfers there is championship courses close by. We had a great time while we were there & recommend it to couples & families.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We were just at Club Med Bintan for 5 days 4 nights (5 - 9 Dec 2011) with our 2 grandchildren and it was an unforgettable trip. One of the best thing about the experience was without a doubt the amazing reception and hospitality from all the resort staff. From the general manager to each and every staff member of the resort, the warmth and personal attention to us made us feel like VIPs every day of our stay. Generous food and wonderful performances every night also made the trip a real treat. My 2 young granddaughters (6 & 9yrs) especially had so much fun with the Mini club - special thanks to Erika, Melody & Susan. Many thanks also to the following people who made our stay just that extra bit special - M/s Eng, Jeff Sabapathy, Ghazzo Amin Ali, Ramses Sihotang, Sam Lee.

Most of all, we were most impressed by the dedication and friendliness of the Chef de village - Merlin Chelliah in spite of her heavy work schedule & advanced pregnancy, she unfailingly joined into all the activities and lead by example her great team of staff. We will definitely visit again, if not for the food and activities, definitely for the warm hospitality!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea and if you are an elderly person ask for ground floor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011 via mobile

We just returned from Club Med on Friday (3 days ago) and I am already having serious Club Med withdrawal symptoms. :)

Our journey began on a Monday that was only blue because the sky at Club Med was azure, the pool was sapphire and the sea was a gorgeous hue of turquoise.

"We" composed of my FIL and my MIL who are in their 70s, my husband and I, our 9 year old son and our 9 month old baby boy. Our parents had a superior sea view room with a balcony and gorgeous bay windows & we had interconnecting rooms on the same floor with our kids that came with a crib, baby toiletries and a baby bath tub for the baby. Our only problem was that our parents had to climb stairs quite a bit to go from place to place and my FIL has knee issues. They tried to help us resolve this almost instantly by offering them an alternative- a first floor unit- which my FIL turned down because he wanted a view of the beautiful sea. It was the first hint of the amazing and unforgettable service we would experience.

The GOs had us at "hello" with their infectious enthusiasm, humor and energy. Merlin is expecting a baby but has the energy of an energizer bunny and her warmth resonated through the team she leads. These people and the friendly staff are the spirit of excellence and heart of Club Med Bintan.

Club Med Bintan had activities for everyone. Our parents enjoyed the shows and archery. My MIL enjoyed using the treadmill, stationery bike and weights at the gym. She loved going on walks by the beach with my FIL, who was busy being a shutterbug. Our 9 year old had a blast from the moment we arrived with the Kids Club & prob tried the most activities (trapeze, riding on elephants, time at the pool, preparing and performing in the performances in the evening, making craft work, making tons of new friends...) during our stay. My husband and I got to recharge ourselves and spend some much needed couple time minus our kids by engaging a babysitter for the little one. The service is not free but at $5/hr, is an incredible deal to exchange for some me-time for mummies or couple-time for young parents. We were blessed with Sri whom our litte one adored from the start. My baby cries when we leave him with lovely volunteer sitters at church and fusses when we leave him with our parents (all 4 of them), but was a total angel around Sri. We felt so at peace leaving him with her we engaged her service for three hours everyday. We would have engaged her for longer hours if I were not breastfeeding and need to get back to him. The only downside was that you need to book a sitter a day in advance so that meant we had no sitter on the day we arrived which also meant that I was "held hostage" in our room with the baby whilst my hubby was jogging at the gym. So you might want to let Club Med know that you want a babysitter even before you had there. :) The SD$5per hour babysitting fee is paid directly to the sitter at the end of the session each day.

The food at Club Med was nothing to cry about on most days BUT the range of food, the service and lovely atmosphere of the restaurants = top notch. GOs join GMs (that will be us) for meals and the vibe is family-like warmth. We got to dine with Charles, Rachel, Stanley, Um who were great conversationalists and lovely people. The food on our final day was awesome though. Kudos to the kitchen staff for the mouthwatering salmon steak, lamb shank and beef Wellington. Do note you can ask for the team to specially prepare food for your baby. They can purée anything but inform them ahead of time or be prepared to wait. Sam was very helpful to help us out in this area although we did not utilize this option much as our little one was already consuming solids and did not want mashed or puréed food.

And the bar... Omg. I miss my virgin chichi. I am non-alcoholic but I love my mocktails. Rina and her team made me excellent virgin chichis that I am now going through cold turkey for. Lol.

The nightly performances reveal another aspect of the GOs who are immensely talented. Aerial acrobatics, excellent comic sketches (ah Shun, Yas, "Captain Diego" and Clayton we miss you already, you all left us in stitches) and brilliantly put together dance acts will leave you slack jawed with amazement as you wonder WHERE THESE GOs FIND TIME TO PRACTICE AND REST after taking care of you all day (from the early morning and all the way past your bedtime). Please give them standing ovations, but you probably will even without my telling you to. And do join in the mass dances that are fun, fun, fun! :) And Merlin- how do you host and manage and dance whilst being so pregnant? I was a beached whale in comparison during my pregnancy hahaha. :D

Word of warning- this is not Club Med's fault but our own as we opted to head outside of "paradise"- DO NOT CHECK OUT PASAR OLEH OLEH. It was like a ghost town that was touristy, overpriced and boring. I did hear good things from a kid who went on one of the nature trips and caught tons of fireflies though. :) So b selective about going away from Club Med Bintan. If u ask me, there is plenty to do within Club Med so unless it is your gazillionth time there, you are better off immersing yourself in the Club Med Bintan experience you have headed there for. :)

And if you are accident prone or have accident prone kids, the doctors at the Club Med Bintan infirmary are wonderful. The beautiful Olivia had to see to our son quite a bit as he would cut or bruise himself. We saw her a lot after her work hours too as our baby liked her. Lol. :)

We would not have had to fork out a cent at our stay but for the babysitting services (bring Singapore currency in $5 denominations for ease of transaction). It is literally a headache-free getaway for the WHOLE family.

I would love to return to Club Med Bintan (must be specifc) again. It isn't a cheap getaway but it promises to be unforgettable, extremely enjoyable and worth every single cent. Our 9 year old rates it 11 out of 10 & the bestest trip ever. Baby hardly cried so I guess he'd give 5 stars too. Our parents loved the time we had bonding with each other as a family. My FIL had a harder time with the buffet spread as he is on medication for numerous conditions and could not eat a lot of things. We probably, on hindsight, could have ordered specially put together meals for him with Sam. It only hit us later on that we could have done so. Face palm. And hubby and I would love to return to Bintan again or to even check out Club Med Phuket (apparently there is free babysitting from 9 to 5 in the latter location).

Merlin, Jeff, Melody, Yas, Shun, Captain Diego (sorry man forgot your name but not your energy and funky hair), Nick, Clayton, Olivia, Sam, Rina, Um, Stanley, Charles, Rachel and every GO there at Club Med Bintan--- KEEP ON BEING SO AMAZING!!!! You make Club Med Bintan more than just a holiday location. You make it a holiday experience that is unique and awesome.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

For families with young children, Club Med Bintan is the perfect getaway especially for those staying in the surrounding region. It was a great getaway for us, without the hassle of flight travel. Our daughter, aged 10, spent most of the days with the kids club. She enjoyed her time there tremendously. The kids club special event held daily, sort of helped to build her self confidence. Our son, though too young to join the petit club on his own, also spent his days there with our helper. And he, too, enjoyed the activities and company of kids his age.

With the kids away, my husband and I got some time to do our own things. I joined the various fitness programmes, while my husband went around indulging in his passion in photography and a day at the spa.

The food served was great. Collectively, we probably put on 10kg! But nobody's complaining. From breakfast to dinner, we were always looking forward to mealtimes.

Overall, I highly recommend Club Med Bintan to families with kids, & even without. The GOs and Chief de Village were a great and funloving lot, which made us feel so welcomed as if were holidaying amongst friends. We are definitely looking forward to returning next year!

Room Tip: The deluxe room is spacious, with a decent sized balcony and a great view of the beach.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!