“Great holiday - fantastic staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bintan Island

Save Saved
You added Club Med Bintan Island to your Saves list
Club Med Bintan Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jl Site A11 | Lagoi, Bintan Utara, Riau Islands Province 12920, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #3 of 27 hotels in Bintan Island
Canberra, Australia
“Great holiday - fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We got back yesterday from a fantastic week at Club Med Ria Bintan and I am still gobsmacked by the incredible staff. Sure Bintan is a beautiful destination in it's own right but what made the holiday special for us was the genuine warmth of all the staff and their talent and commitment to clients. We have travelled fairly extensively and this has been by far the best hospitality experience we have enjoyed. Our three children (2, 5 and 8) took part in a diverse range of activities in the various age group kids clubs and had a great time. Participation in the shows and the trapeze took them a bit out of their comfort zone but may have uncovered untapped talent! Special thanks to Cupi, Marcia, Coco, Geril, Pierre, Natalie, Leonor and Jaka. Mr Cupi managed to prove that there was rhythm in our family with the kids shows. On three occasions we were fortunate to share meals with some of the GOs and all of the GOs were helpful and encouraging to get the most out of our holiday. The food was significantly better than we expected (although the comment about fruit is probably fair) with a good balance of kid friendly and adult cuisine with an emphasis on Japanese, Chinese and Korean food. There was pretty much something for everyone and maybe too much for me! Late in our holiday we caught a couple of the shows and the kids gt involved in a couple of shows. How many other resorts have a choreographer on staff? Great stuff - particularly when you can get a South African golf professional to pull off a Michael Jackson routine! Pity about the rugby Brendan! Thanks too to Megan, Budy, Made, Kenny, Jeff, Ghazzo and the rest of the staff who became part of our lives last week. All in all a fantastic family holiday destination - we will be coming back.

1,380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Family holiday at Bintan Club Med was above my expectations in terms of resort quality and the beautiful beach. We(including 4-year old son and my paretns in 70s) stayed at Club Med and all of us were impressed by the hospitality and excellent organization of the resort and the nice beach.
I felt that Club Med service is excellent at once we arrived at Bintan ferry terminal. They welcomed us warmly and handled our luggage quickly. It was great that there was no need to stay in a que for check-in. Everything was ready. All GOs are so kind and friendly. Their kindness is not formal one you can find other 5-star luxury hotels. Because they are happy with their work and love their job, their attitude is naturally kind and warm. I felt that they really care for that our stay at Club Med would be perfect. We appreciated being cared by Korean GOs and my parents (who can't speak English) also felt at home.
As I've been to Bali, Koh Samui, and Jamaica and stayed in the 5-star hotels and resorts, I have a high standard for a resort and the beach. The service and program of Club Med are excellent. The white sand beach and blue sea water of Bintan Club Med is as beautiful as the one of Carribean sea. The temperature of sea water and pool water was so perfect that even my son enjoyed swimming from the morning till the late afternoon.
The food was excellent. The menu was really international so we could enjoy tasting both Asian and Wetern cusine. Of course we're also pleased to eat well cooked Korean food.
It was fantastic tasty snacks and good drinks were always served at the pool bar.
Club Med provides various and interesting activities. 4 days were too short to try and enjoy all of them. And every evening there was a show and special programs. Music, Dance, and Karaoke, comedy, etc. And it was also wonderful to see other guests at the resort were always happy and smiling. We also liked to find the maid made a cute animal shape with towels. They really pay attention to details. Absolutely we will go back to Bintan Club Med and would like to stay longer.

Room Tip: If you have a young child and an elder person in your group, ask for a room near to main building wh...
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

it was soooo good. the all inclusive idea made it great, not having to take cash around everywhere, or waiting ages for a broken printer to get you a recipt. diego at the teens club was awesome, and his brother pierre was funny (sorry if i spelt that wrong) the circus guys were great, they put on a great show, doing all these great tricks that to me looked nearly impossible. all the poeple there were so nice, i didnt meet one staff member who wasnt smiling when you saw them, they always said helo and were friendly. this was definately one of the best hotels that i have ever stayed at, and i have stayed at a lot of hotels. i would highly reccomend it to anyone who is unsure.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was thrilled when I was invited to visit Club Med by a corporate vendor. Well, Club Med is synonymous with quality and premium.

However, the building is old and to a point that some of my friends labeled as run down. Seems like it is on par with other 3 star resort in the island.

Food is terrible and the one of the two good food I eat is a Korean instant noodle. Bintan is an island and we expect seafood to be one of the signature but we almost found none or little.

Bottled water is not replenish in the room. Housekeeping only make our room in the afternoon.

As for the GOs, I am lucky that I have met all the good ones.

Well, fortunately it is not paid by me. Even if I can afford it, I may choose other nearby Club Med.

For my trip report, please refer to ---------------------

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Club Med Bintan was a fantastic holiday for our family of 5. We have two teenagers and an 11 yr old and it suited all of us beautifully. Great rooms, amazing service, an enormous range of good quality food and entertainment to suit all. The beach was beautiful, resort was lovely and clean and a wonderful pool, the trapeze was fun and apparently the golf was brilliant. So we as a family would highly recommend this holiday to anyone. Thanks to all GO's and staff who made our stay so great.

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe rooms and had interconnecting. This was great for us. Had a wonderful view o...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Just got back from our holiday...
I'm glad I choose club med bintan for our holiday... The first thing when I just arrived at Bintan Island Ferry Terminal.. The staff from Clubmed Counter welcoming us with his warm smile.. I like see his smile.. His smile make my daughter cheerful and happy when she talk to him.. I think his name is Jonathan..(Reception team) When he met my daughter.. My daughter always want talk to him.. Because she always said.. "Can I bring him home as my friend and tell story to me before I go to sleep mommy?" With cute face and she kinda sad because when we have to go back to Australia .. She didn't see Jonathan for the last time.. Because when I ask reception team where is Jonathan.. Reception team said he got afternoon shift..

But.. Anyway thank you for all G.O especially Merlin,Miho,Ghazzo,Jeff,Tricia,Michiko,Jua,Muri,Jocel,Emiko,Kori and Jonathan..and.. Many others GO. I can't remember.. For great holiday here.. Good food.. Good room, good entertainment.. Thank you very much...

We Absolutely will coming back to Clubmed,bintan..

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia

Great holiday destination

We just got back from 10 nights at Club Med Bintan and let me say we had a fabulous holiday.
We were made to feel welcomed by all the GO’s. Special mention to Eric (water aerobics and general activities), Leonor and Diego (Kids and Teens Club) and Shun and Manu (water sports). The kids were always occupied which meant that we were free to do our own thing.
The facilities are great. They had everything from circus school to archery, windsurfing, sailing, squash, tennis, water aerobics, yoga etc. You could do as much as you want or as little as you want.
The food was good although we were expecting a little more variety in terms of fruit especially tropical fruit.
This is our forth Club med and we will continue to keep going.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bintan Island? Share your experiences!