“Bintan spa villa beach resort” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Bintan Spa Villa Beach Resort to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Bintan Spa Villa Beach Resort
Jl. Pantai Trikora Km. 38 | Teluk Bakau Bintan, Riau Islands Province 29153, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Bintan Island
“Bintan spa villa beach resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The name says it all..

Its my virgin trip to bintan and stay in bintan spa villa beach resort is one of the most unforgettable experience for me. Private location, calm and relax, the view its such breathtaking and i couldn't stop saying OMG!! Clear blue greenish sea.

Staff is really friendly the service is really good, and honest staff. I left my wallet in my room after check out and the staff ran down quickly to find me and return my wallet that i wasn't aware off. So thank you!!

Daytime all u want to do is sit back relax by the jacuzzi get a massage in the most amazing ocean view, the masseurs is friendly and the massage is amazing!! Its a best place for relaxation away from busy city life.

Nighttime is the most fun part BBQ dinner by the beach, SHIOK!! We met the resort owner mr tony and his son edmund they are the best, we feel so welcome and making us so comfortable in the villa.

Last day before we checked out, we went to the island across called the virgin island. the white sandy beach, clear water greenish blue sea.. snorkeling and island tour its the highlight of the day. AMAZING!! Thanks to sunfish cove to recommend us in their new activity the the resort can offer. So if u wanna get in the water take the boat out to the island across the resort. Its feels that ive been cast away..

The bbq was good, luch was good, bfast buffet is awsome ps: i love the homemade bread buns. Price: resonable. Im not fussy much bout food cuz its like the same anywhere in sout east asia.

Activity in the resort
Love playing the pool table, tune to my own playlist, karaoke at night all in the beach bar. Dance dance and more dancing!!

I met alot of wonderfull people feel warmth and welcome make new friends, on top all this vacation its just how you wanna make ur holiday memorable fun and exciting.

Trip is smooth by land and sea, up till now my mind is the view of that beach..

Already planed for the next visit soon!
Its really affordable price. 2d1n stay is not enough, till we meet again

Ps: to my new friends there, the merman captain is coming soon ;)

Rgds,
THE PERFORMER

• Stayed March 2013
Edmund C, Manager at Bintan Spa Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hi Mikael, thank you for the very indepth and very exciting review! We are so glad that you enjoyed every bit of your stay, from the scenery, to rooms, to activities like snorkeling and the facilities like the outdoor spa pool. Its great to know that your stay with us has been such a memorable experience and we aim to give that experience to many more guests. Thank you once again and we are sure we will see you once again!

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Me and the wife came to Bintan Spa Villa on the 27th - 30th May 2013. We felt in love with the place instantly and was blown away with the view and the serenity of the place.

We have the pleasure to have met the owner, Tony and his son, Edmund. Beautiful and warm people. After knowing that I work in the hospitality industry, Tony requested me to give my honest opinion so as in order to better the quality of the service and amenities around the small but homely and comfy resort.

- Arrived on the 27th May 2013.
Was greeted warmly by Joko at the Front Desk while escorting us to our room (Ocean View Suite). Along the way, he expalin to us the activites that we can do and the various places also to visit. KUDOS to him on makng the best 1st impression. Coming from a hospitality background, everybody will agree that making the 1st best impression is the most imprtant thing.

Room was very spacious, well decorated and everything was in working order. Was surprised that they have made an Anniversary wording with my wife's name on the bed with pandan leaves (actually we just got married in March) but still it was a pleasent surprise.

In the evening, we had dinner out at the open with a great view of the waters and small islands around. The seafood BBQ was awesome of which Tony shared all of the recepie is of his own and also the spa. The limelight for the evening will be the Wishing Lantern and to end the night, e palyed with the fireworks of which you can purchase it from the Souvenier Shop (estimated cost of SGD20 for the 36 shots).

On the 2nd day, we went snorkeling with Douglas and Jim to a nearby island which take less than 10 minures using a boat of their own from the villa itself. It was fantastic but not much corals. But if you like marine life, this will be perfect with clown fish and even turtle if you are lucky.

Douglas also shared with us that they will be opening a Sea Activities such as Scuba Diving and Snorkeling for the guest here. They will also have more activities for the kids such as sea conservation, painting at the sea when it is low tide and also beach clean up. A great way to have fun and eudcation about consevation of the the sea and the creatures.

In the evening, we went for the MAngrove tour of which Pak Rizal shows us the history of the fisherman village in Bintan. We get to see the mangrove and also a lot of fireflies. We also manage to catch a moving star of till today, we have no idea a star can move. It is a great experience for those who enjoy the nature.

On the 3rd day, we went fishing in the morning with the staff, Jumari and Roli. Had such a blast and we manage to catch various fishes such as garoupe and even puffer fish of which we throw it back to the sea.

Even it was drizzling, the staff kept us safe with their extensive knowledge of the sea and the corals. KUDOS to them also for their knowledge and making me and my wife laugh and safe.

We have no doubt that we will be here again soon to enjoy the new services rendered such as snorkeling, scuba diving and also for the children activities. It was also a pleasure to meet Tony, Edmond, Douglas and Jim.

***Note before making a booking***
This is a place where you rest and relax. So for those who wants loads of activites by the villa, please do not be dissapointed. It is best for couples, family who loves the ocean such as snorkelling and also a group of friends.

*** Note for the Management***
- it would be great if the amenitites in the suite rooms is different from the rest of the room.
- the place is a gem but without strong marketing, it may go un-notice even in the map of Bintan of which we found out TMFT.
- service by the staff can be improve. Should be more aggresive and retrain in upselling the items within the villa such as the Souvenier Shop.

To sum it all up, it was a great getaway for me and my wife and we really enjoy ourselves here in Bintan Spa Resort. We can't wait for the new activities that will be available come 1st June and will definitely be coming back.

All hats off to Tony and his team. In such a short time after taking over the villa, we can see the difference from Agro. So KUDOS guys. Thank you very much for making our getaway a memorable one and hope to see you soon.

In Service Thru Friendship
Nazri Hussain & Tety Suzanna

Room Tip: For families, please choose the Royal and Ocean suite and Family room on the 1st floor in the main b...
Bentong, Pahang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed there for 3D2N. From Singapore, 2hrs ferry ride & 1hr car ride to reach this resort. At the resort, the sea view from the rooms is great. Massage & spa in this resort is very comfortable & feel good. Free Jacuzzi is near the seaside. All the staffs over there is friendly & efficiency. Its a very good place for relaxing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

From the moment we stepped out of the Tanjong Pinang Ferry Terminal, a coordinator was there to make sure the guests are all present and was promptly usherd to our group tour guide who led us to a mini van to bring us around for the city tour. The tour guide was polite and knowledgeable and later on we were surprised to find out that he's actually only 19 years old. The city tour was okay which included visits to temples, the local shopping mall and lunch at a ayam penyet restaurant. Portion of the food could be bigger though. After the city tour, we were transported to the Bintan Spa Villa.

Upon reaching, my partner and I were captivated by the simplicity and peacefulness of the place. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. We were actually given a room on the 3rd floor but decided that to climb up and down will be very troublesome as there were no lifts, hence we asked the concierge if we could have a 1st floor room. It was done without any hassle. Room is clean and big and we have a view of the sea from our balcony. TV programs includes both Chinese and English movies. Toilet is clean and shower is good, just that the heater worked only for a very short period of time which meant if I shower after my partner, the water will be very cold. One small problem will be the power generator that goes off all of a sudden which will turn the air-condition off as well. Although the power is back on a moment later, I feel it is something that the resort management could look into to provide a more stable power. However, during the night where we slept, there were no such problems and we were able to have a good night's rest.

We had dinner at the resort itself, which provided choices such as ala carte dishes or BBQ sets. We took the BBQ sets which cost about $30sgd/pax and were not disappointed. You can choose 5 out of several choices and we chose Chicken Wings, Squid, Satay, Crayfish, Prawns and Spring Chicken. Food was being BBQ-ed live and food was delicious. Dinner location is outdoors, beside the sea with candles and lighted up firepoles. Ambience was good with background music playing. Souvenir shops sold fireworks and Kong Ming Deng (the lantern that can be lighted up in the middle and float up the air for well wishes) and we were treated to some spectacular fireworks while having dinner. Price is about $50 for a box of 12 continuous fireworks.

Breakfast was okay and we were introduced to 2 scuba diving instructors who were part of the resort team and got to know that they are holding some fun classes for both kids and adults and we were able to head out to a nearby island, the White Sands Beach to do some snorkelling and scuba diving or simply just visiting. However, we did not have enough time to go as the time to catch the ferry was soon. A car was arranged to fetch us to the ferry terminal and to be honest, it was a very uncomfortable ride as 7 of us were squeezed into a MPV with our bags and all. Could be better!

Will definitely bring some friends the next time and visit the nearby island and beaches!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I bought a Groupon deal for this resort and extended our stay, 3D2N. The package came with a city tour on the first morning, with a total of 6 passengers and the driver. Had ayam penyet lunch (and they changed the menu for me as I was a vegetarian to Tempeh and Kangkong) to my delight.

Upon arrival at the resort (On a Monday), we found it a quiet relaxing place with less than 15 guests in the resort. View from the room was pretty good, such that we could catch the sunrise from the balcony of our room.

For the adventurous, you will have to travel to the sister resort, Agro Beach Resort, by shuttle van to enjoy sea sports. It's a 15-20 min walk away or 5 min by shuttle. Please refer to my picture for the rates of the sea sports in Singapore dollars.

Food-wise, I'm a vegetarian and my friend is a Muslim. We both could enjoy the spread at the Bintan Spa Villa's restaurant as they informed they have a halal kitchen but as they serve alcoholic drinks, they do not have halal certificate. I had veg sandwiches and the fried noodles/rice/horfun for meals. Prices were about SGD8 per meal. For more variety, go to Agro Seafood restaurant, as they even have mock meat dishes for vegetarians.

Areas for improvement: There were no night activities, just chit-chat, massage and counting stars. It's not within walking distance to any markets or shops. We hope the resort could upgrade us to the seaside rooms if they have spare rooms during off-peak periods. Also remember not to change the room key for the aircon/electricity with the one to open the door, because you may be locked out of the room. Room is clean, but toilet ventilation can be improved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed there for 2D1N. At the resort, great view plus swift check-in. Really like the welcome drink. The room was great. Air-conditioned, soft bed and relatively clean room. Great view from the room looking out to the sea.

Really nice ambience, cosy and warm with friendly staff. Feels very laid-back and down to earth. Food was excellent, must try would be their smabal chilli which was tangy, sweet and spicy and with most of their spicy dishes. Caters to a variety of tastebuds and fussy eaters with a few cuisines. Walking out to the sea, the water only comes up to about waist height during high tide which is quite shallow. Sea bed is murky until about halfway to the rocky island where it becomes sandy and the water is quite clear with a few fishes and small crabs. Great place for photographs both above water and underwater with quite a lot of marine life nearer to the rocky island. They have facilities like a Jacuzzi, pool table, karaoke set, beach volleyball. Kayaks are also available for rent.

A very calm and tranquil getaway for the weary soul. All in all, a really great place to rest and relax and recharge those batteries. I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

From singapore, about 1.5 hr boat ride plus 40 mins car ride to reach the resort. I had booked for a dulux room but after viewing all the room types, decided to upgrade to the royal ocean suite which is a small hut situated above the water with big window and balcony facing the horizon, the view is spectacular and ambient is much more cozy compared to the dulux room. It is definitely worth the upgrade.

Checking-in was fast and those nice friendly stuff is ever ready to provide assistance, even the security guard. Not much facilities in the compound which I don't mind and don't need. Restaurant food is nice. Dinghy boat is available for rent at S$5/hr which you can explore the surround islands, spa is nice but a bit pricey, using of pool table is FOC. More food varieties and facilities could be found at Agro resort which is 10 mins walk away, along the way you could also find a seafood restaurant and few local eateries which price is cheaper,

WIFI signal is only available at the lobby area, but even at full strength, the speed is so slow that it is only good for receive or send email. No internet access in your room, wired or wireless. I couldn't do my trading job online as I'm a day trader, else I would consider extending my stay.

I don't kn about other room but hot water supply was not constant in my room. There seemed to be some problem with the water heater. Hot water supply would last for about 3 mins (to fill up the bath tub)after which the tape discharging would be cold water. Hotel staff was apologetic but theres nothing they could do about it as it was already night time.

Overall it was a enjoying stay for me and my wife, and we will definitely be back again in the future. Management might want to look into the internet service and hot water issues though. Thanks.

Room Tip: for dulux room, go for 306, else go for the royal ocean suite!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bintan Spa Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!